Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Styling menubar.php Links?

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Styling menubar.php Links?

Post by William Grimsley »

Hi Ken/others,

Is it possible, to style the menubar.php links like the flyout-menu.xml links? e.g. the flyout-menu.xml links seem to have a slight margin from the border edge whereas the menubar.php links don't. I would like to either put a margin on the menubar.php links or delete the margin from the flyout-menu.xml links.

I've looked in the weather-screen-blue-narrow.css file but under the entries:

.leftSideBar ul {

.leftSideBar li {

.leftSideBar a {

But, I couldn't find anything to change the margins....

Please can someone help?

Thanks,

William
William Grimsley

Re: Styling menubar.php Links?

Hi Ken/others,

Please can I have some help?

Thanks,

William
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

A site wide editor search for 'leftSideBar' (the Class= in menubar.php), shows those entries in;
weather-screen-php.css - with margin settings
weather-screen.css - with margin settings
weather-screen-blue-narrow.css - with margin settings

You will need to sort out which is used where and change the relevant one only.
If you do change something here it is likely to affect something else as you can never be sure of all the places an individual style might be used.
So when you do find the right one it might pay to add a new item with a slightly different name and call that so as not to affect other things.

You also have the situation that the flyout code sits inside the menubar code and is all generated by some smart code using lists. So you have lists inside lists.

I have made some style changes in this area by simply moving all the menubar items into the flyout menus so there are no menubar items used any more.
William Grimsley

BCJKiwi wrote:A site wide editor search for 'leftSideBar' (the Class= in menubar.php), shows those entries in;
weather-screen-php.css - with margin settings
weather-screen.css - with margin settings
weather-screen-blue-narrow.css - with margin settings

You will need to sort out which is used where and change the relevant one only.
If you do change something here it is likely to affect something else as you can never be sure of all the places an individual style might be used.
So when you do find the right one it might pay to add a new item with a slightly different name and call that so as not to affect other things.

You also have the situation that the flyout code sits inside the menubar code and is all generated by some smart code using lists. So you have lists inside lists.

I have made some style changes in this area by simply moving all the menubar items into the flyout menus so there are no menubar items used any more.
Hi BCJKiwi,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I understand what you mean, here. Though, I am wanting to just change the margin of the menubar.php links to match the flyout-menu.xml links.

Thanks,

William