Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

v1.9.3 b 1044 (Aug 15 2012) web tags

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

v1.9.3 b 1044 (Aug 15 2012) web tags

Post by sfws »

I've implemented the new build this morning.
My cumulus.ini has the
ListWebTags=1
line in the
[Station]
section.

Using Libre Office (the free software by the people who used to code Open Office before OpenOffice.org was donated to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) on June 1, 2011), the text list that Cumulus produces as a result of including that line has been sorted alphabetically and converted into the format my test page uses to check all web tags.
Looking at all the web tags to the extent that they are compatible with my station, and to my inexpert eye, all seem okay.

I have attached my template file and my HTML page in the zip file, these use the standard Sandaysoft CSS style file, so if anybody else wants to try the template with their make of station and add it to the files that Cumulus processes and does FTP....

Steve -
Cumulus 1.9.3 beta build 1044 is available.

Fixed cancelling of temp trend alarm
Fix comma on first value of <#WindRoseData>
New web tag <#IsFreezing> gives 1 if outside temperature is at or below 0C/32F, otherwise 0
I've added a 'channel' parameter to the <#txbattery> web tag so that the status for a particular transmitter can be obtained (this web tag is for Davis stations only)
the new #metdate tag (not mentioned in your build note) is shown as working in here and on my 'thismonth' web page - many thanks for that, I hope other 9am-ers also find it useful.
#WindRoseData - fixed
I cannot test #IsFreezing for below zero conditions in the hot weather I've got, but it is reporting correctly zero at present
I cannot test any of the Davis web tags.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: v1.9.3 b 1044 (Aug 15 2012) web tags

Post by steve »

sfws wrote:the new #metdate tag (not mentioned in your build note)
I'd forgotten I'd added that; I think it was in 1043. I'll add it to the help.
Steve
sfws

Post by sfws »

Your posting that you would add it was Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:37 pm, the day after build 1043!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Ah, yes, that makes sense. When you do a diff on your code to find out the latest version which didn't have a particular bit of code in it, then it's the next version which did :lol:
Steve
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

I really, really appreciate the time you must have spent producing these file.

I have compared your files with my PHP templates and have updated my templates accordingly.

I noticed that your eyes might have gotten tired at one point as 4 webtags have not been complete formed: latitude, location, longitude and longlocation.

Again, thank you for sharing your work.
sfws

Post by sfws »

My cumulus.ini has the
ListWebTags=1
line in the
[Station]
section.
As my initial posting indicated, the list of web tags is produced by Cumulus itself automatically if you amend 'Cumulus.ini'.

Sorting that list alphabetically is simple in a spreadsheet, and the formula to convert it into a HTML table cell pair is a trival few seconds to think up and to apply to all spreadsheet rows. Equally, pasting the result into my local test template took just a second.

After Cumulus processed the template into a local HTML file, zipping the two files was another minute gone. Working through the list to see if each result made sense, going online, logging in and navigating to the forum and doing the post was the only part that took appreciable time.

The contents of the 4 location related tags never change, and I had no need to verify what they contained in the latest beta release!

By posting the template file here, I am making it freely available, for anyone to use without acknowledgement.
Last edited by sfws on Mon 19 Nov 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sfws

Post by sfws »

If you are not skilled with spreadsheets and want to redo this exercise for a later build, I've zipped up my spreadsheet
WebTags.zip
I have added in the first row some instructions, column A is the one obtained from WebTags.txt, column B is the one that is copied into the template in the previous zip that you then ask Cumulus to process. The other columns are left unchanged, other than copying formulae down to additional rows as Steve adds more web tags!

The file is in open document (spreadsheet) format, I'm told the latest Microsoft Office tries to support this, although I cannot check.
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.htmlApache Open Office and http://www.libreoffice.org/download Libre Office definitely do support it, some other packages will also support it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

sfws wrote:If you are not skilled with spreadsheets and want to redo this exercise for a later build, I've zipped up my spreadsheet
WebTags.zip
I have added in the first row some instructions, column A is the one obtained from WebTags.txt, column B is the one that is copied into the template in the previous zip that you then ask Cumulus to process. The other columns are left unchanged, other than copying formulae down to additional rows as Steve adds more web tags!

The file is in open document (spreadsheet) format, I'm told the latest Microsoft Office tries to support this, although I cannot check.
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.htmlApache Open Office and http://www.libreoffice.org/download Libre Office definitely do support it, some other packages will also support it.
Thanks for the info.

Have just upgraded to build 1047 and found I needed to update the tags.
However I had some issues with your SS in Excel 2010 using xls format (not xlsm).
The cell contents looked like this;
<tr><td><#altimeterpressure> is processed into</td><td> <#altimeterpressure></td></tr>
Don't know if that was what was intended. I also had to copy the data only into a new ss before I could edit it.
So this is the process I followed in the end;

Add;
ListWebTags=1
To the [Station]
Section of cumulus.ini
When Cumulus is restarted, it will generate the full list of tags once (and remove the entry from relocate the entry in Cumulus.ini).

Copy the data section of the existing CUTags.txt file into a spreadsheet and sort it (if it not already a sorted list).
Copy the new tag list into the next column, sort it and compare.
Move cells up/down in the old data column to create a space where there are new entries.
Fill the gap(s) created with the missing data using the same format as the other rows.
Select the updated list and copy/paste it back into CUTags.txt replacing the existing set.
I found that Excel (which I used) padded out some cells with tab(s) so used a file editor to replace them all with nothing.

Have attached the resulting file (for the Saratoga/Carterlake/Ajax Templates) to save anyone else the work for now.
NOTE:- this file does not include
wspddata|<#wspddata>:|:
or
wdirdata|<#wdirdata>:|:
You can add these back if you need them.
Last edited by BCJKiwi on Sun 23 Sep 2012 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Open WebTags.txt in a decent text editor.
(optionally sort)
Find: ^(.*)$
Replace: \1|<#\1>:|:
;)
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

BCJKiwi wrote: Add;
ListWebTags=1
To the [Station]
Section of cumulus.ini
When Cumulus is restarted, it will generate the full list of tags once (and remove the entry from Cumulus.ini).
Just to correct this: it doesn't remove it from cumulus.ini; i.e. it will continue to (re)generate the list each start up until you manually remove it.
Steve
sfws

Post by sfws »

The cell contents looked like this;
<tr><td><#altimeterpressure> is processed into</td><td> <#altimeterpressure></td></tr>
Don't know if that was what was intended. I also had to copy the data only into a new ss before I could edit it.
I don't have access to any version of Microsoft Office nor Excel, but I'm not surprised if they treated the document as read only, Microsoft probably write their software to encourage sales of their editing software.

Yes, that was intended contents: An HTML5 table row start, a cell containing the tag as text accepted by HTML (not processed by Cumulus), then a cell containing the tag to be processed into a value by Cumulus, and finally a row end.

Rows of that form for each tag are placed within a HTML page that includes a table.
As Steve says the text file list is regenerated each time Cumulus is restarted, obviously the spreadsheet is only produced once per build, only inserted once into the test HTML page (my first posting) and normally only processed by Cumulus once to see what the web tags produce.

I'm pleased people have found the idea useful, and worked out alternatives for their templates.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

steve wrote:
BCJKiwi wrote: Add;
ListWebTags=1
To the [Station]
Section of cumulus.ini
When Cumulus is restarted, it will generate the full list of tags once (and remove the entry from Cumulus.ini).
Just to correct this: it doesn't remove it from cumulus.ini; i.e. it will continue to (re)generate the list each start up until you manually remove it.
You are correct of course!
I just added it at the end and saw it was gone. However cumulus had simply repositioned it in the list!
Have edited the earlier post to avoid confusion.