Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

504 gateway error message

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Adrianwx23
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Meteobridge

504 gateway error message

Post by Adrianwx23 »

Hi guys, so I have had my site apparently go down twice because my index page or files are being randomly removed. I contacted my hosting company which is MDD hosting and they said this below.

SOmething is changing the site files from within your account. FIles are being changed. Nothing in our server logs beyond posts and gets to an upload.php

They kept mentioning it had something to do with upload.php. I am concerned this is going to happen again I am not sure how anything got changed on my site like the index file being removed what would do that? They essentially had to restore my site from a backup. Any suggestions on what might be going on or what to do will be greatly appreciated. Please provide steps on how to fix
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS

Re: 504 gateway error message

Post by ConligWX »

if their site has some security issues with upload.php then use one of the other upload protocols: ftp/ftps/sftp.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

Adrianwx23
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Meteobridge

Post by Adrianwx23 »

ConligWX wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2024 6:47 am if their site has some security issues with upload.php then use one of the other upload protocols: ftp/ftps/sftp.
Which one do you recommend? Can this be changed just by changing it and it won’t affect the rest of the site? Also were is this done? I think I know but just making sure.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I use SFTP but FTPS is just as good. It will work just as easily as upload.php. The only change is if you are using Extra Web Files in which case you would have to alter the upload path on the Destination File Name to include a full path.

Also you would have to fill out the details required for the protocol you choose i.e. Host name, FTP port etc. Most importantly you must get the Remote FTP Directory correct.

If you are using SFTP your hosting company may wish to use a special FTP port rather than the default, ask them for their settings for SFTP (mine uses port 3784).
David
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Can this be changed just by changing it and it won’t affect the rest of the site? Also were is this done? I think I know but just making sure.
In addition to the Internet settings change for FTP upload from your current PHP upload as mentioned, you will also need to change extra file uploads in Settings > Extra web files "Destination filename" to include "public_html" so something like public_html/yourextrafile.xxx and the same in NOAA settings if you are uploading the NOAA reports.
They kept mentioning it had something to do with upload.php. I am concerned this is going to happen again I am not sure how anything got changed on my site like the index file being removed what would do that?
Keep an eye on your remote files through FileZilla to see if any other files may be changing or being removed. CumulusMX data files will update (being replaced) at your interval and realtime settings, all others should stay the same with no deletions by CumulusMX. A quick way to check is to sort the files by Last modified.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm