Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Importing old data into CMX V4

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

LindaFNM
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Importing old data into CMX V4

Post by LindaFNM »

After building V4 I was thinking about how someone would import a lot of data, as I had to do in the past. Since the logs have changed, using any of the old conversation programs won’t work without a further conversion.

My question is, can the import facility as described be used for short imports of a few week, months etc? I’ve occasionally had to import just a couple of days worth of data from my Davis when a piece of Ecowitt equipment has failed. I’ve just used the import program from the original Cumulus and it’s all been fine, plus create missing when needed. Thank you.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Importing old data into CMX V4

Post by HansR »

LindaFNM wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2024 6:30 am My question is, can the import facility as described be used for short imports of a few week, months etc? I’ve occasionally had to import just a couple of days worth of data from my Davis when a piece of Ecowitt equipment has failed. I’ve just used the import program from the original Cumulus and it’s all been fine, plus create missing when needed. Thank you.
No you can't.

But apparently you have a v3 still running.
I would advise to simply run the whole conversion again, that would get you up to date I assume.
For the few more seconds that would not bother anyone would it?

I thought you were talking about the conversion of v3 to v4
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
LindaFNM
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Re: Importing old data into CMX V4

Post by LindaFNM »

No, sorry not to be clear, I meant data prior to using CumulusMX, such as from WeatherLink etc.