Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis Weatherlink Console history data not loaded

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

jkoskela
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Davis Weatherlink Console history data not loaded

Post by jkoskela »

I've recently purchased the new Davis Vantage Pro 2 station with the Weatherlink Console (6313). I've tried to CumulusMX (3.28.6 build 3283) to download historic data, but no matter what I do I always get message "No historic data available" after the data was downloaded. I used the -debug parameter and discovered that it did download data but doesn't seem to process it.

I checked the Cumulus code, and I think the problem is the sanity check that is done for the downloaded data:

Code: Select all

// Find the WLL baro, or internal temp/hum sensors
			if (histObj.sensors[i].sensor_type == 242 && histObj.sensors[i].data_structure_type == 13)
			{
				var recs = histObj.sensors[i].data.Count;
				if (recs > noOfRecs)
				{
					noOfRecs = recs;
					idxOfSensorWithMostRecs = i;
				}
			}
I think the problem here is the data_structure_type. According to Davis documentation (https://weatherlink.github.io/v2-api/da ... ture-types) the type 13 is for WeatherLink Live console, which is different from the WeatherLink Console that comes with the Vantage Pro stations nowadays. I checked the api response from WLL when loading history data from my station and it does have this:

Code: Select all

{
      "lsid": 710469,
      "data": [{},{},...],
      "sensor_type": 242,
      "data_structure_type": 20
    }
Is there anything I could do to get the data recognized correctly and loaded into history?
Last edited by jkoskela on Thu 28 Mar 2024 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Davis Weatherlink Console history data not loaded

Post by freddie »

Could you please zip up the contents of the MXdiags folder of your installation and attach it to a reply to this topic. We can see what's going on then.
Freddie
jkoskela

Post by jkoskela »

Would it be enough to zip the one log file (20240328-084821.txt) when I had debug on and where it attempted to load history data for one week?
jkoskela

Post by jkoskela »

Oh, I forgot to mention the JSON data I pasted in the message from the API response has been shortened to not include the array of real values. I've edited the original post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Thanks for the report.

That sanity check does need updating, but there are also missing decodes for the WLC archive records of baro, internal T/H, soil/leaf.

The v4 Beta has been updated to make these changes, I intend to release that v. soon. I'm not sure when the next v3 release will be made.
jkoskela

Post by jkoskela »

Here is the content of MXdiags. This contains two attempts to load history data, one as station type Davis Cloud (WLL/WLC), and the other as Davis Cloud (VP2).
mxdiags.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.