Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error 401 - API Call timestamp parameter "t" is stale

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
mayo.mick
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Error 401 - API Call timestamp parameter "t" is stale

Post by mayo.mick »

Thanks to all the help here, I have my new Davis station set up and reporting to my website for almost a year now. I have cumulus installed on a mini widows 10 device whis works perfectly. However I do have an issue sometimes. The mini device does automatic windows updates, always at 4.30AM which stops cumulus. The device needs to be restarted and cumulus started again. I have a WLL datalogger which was working fine, it would connect and download the data collected while the device was shut down.

The last few weeks however, I've been getting this error, Error 401 - API Call timestamp parameter "t" is stale and there would be no data downloaded. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this. I've added a screenshot of the error if any use.
cumulus timestamp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Error 401 - API Call timestamp parameter "t" is stale

Post by mcrossley »

It will be because the time on your Cumulus MX box is out compared with the Davis servers - check your time sync is working on Windows, IIirc Davis allow 30 seconds difference.

However, that method of calling the Davis API has been deprecated, if you update your MX install it will not use the timestamp in the API call. But if your time is drifting, then of course the time it uses to fetch the historic data will also be out.
mayo.mick

Post by mayo.mick »

Thanks Mark. I intend to update to the newest version of Cumulus over the Christmas, which I'm a little nervous of in case I break anything. It took me long enough to get the website up and running!
mayo.mick

Post by mayo.mick »

I feel a bit embarrassed now :oops:

For some reason the time on the windows device was out by 10mins :o

When I checked the settings, the set time automatically was toggled off for some reason.