Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX service doesn't start on a Raspberry Pi following a system restart

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

fradaxx
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

CumulusMX service doesn't start on a Raspberry Pi following a system restart

Post by fradaxx »

Hi all,

I have CumulusMX just updated to the latest available version (3.17.1 b3263 of 21 November 2023), running on a Raspberry Pi 3.

Following a restart of the system to update the SSL certificates of the web server, CumulusMX service is not able to restart; this is the error log I obtain with the command

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl status cumulusmx

Dec 01 10:40:30 cumulusmx systemd[1]: Starting CumulusMX service...
Dec 01 10:40:30 cumulusmx systemd[1]: Started CumulusMX service.
Dec 01 10:40:32 cumulusmx mono[2099]: CumulusMX.exe: Could not load type of field 'CumulusMX.Cumulus:httpServer' (181) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=
Dec 01 10:40:32 cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 01 10:40:32 cumulusmx rm[2110]: /bin/rm: cannot remove '/tmp/CumulusMX.exe.lock': No such file or directory
Dec 01 10:40:32 cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 01 10:40:32 cumulusmx systemd[1]: cumulusmx.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
The error arise systematically also if I try to restart manually the CumulusMX service using the command

sudo systemctl start cumulusmx
The web server is regularly up and running and I can access the CumulusMX web pages but they are stuck to 10:04 of today 01 december 2023.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution?

Any hing will be appreciated; thanks in advance.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: CumulusMX service doesn't start on a Raspberry Pi following a system restart

Post by freddie »

Looks like an error in your upgrade process. Did you copy across all files from the new distribution? This error seems to be indicating that there is a missing library file.
Freddie
fradaxx

Re: CumulusMX service doesn't start on a Raspberry Pi following a system restart

Post by fradaxx »

freddie wrote: Fri 01 Dec 2023 10:26 am Looks like an error in your upgrade process. Did you copy across all files from the new distribution? This error seems to be indicating that there is a missing library file.
Hi freddie,

thank you for your reply; yes I copied all the files of the current version over the old ones using Filezilla FPT client and I haven't had any error during the copy process.

However I will compare in depth the folders to see if there is some missing file.
fradaxx

Post by fradaxx »

I have almost solved the problem: it seems it was caused by a corruption of the mono-runtime package.
I have restored it forcing a fresh reinstallation using the command

sudo apt-get reinstall mono-runtime
Now I have only some residual problems with some tags in the webpages; also, the weather station (a Davis VP2) is always reported as offline (red flashing LED and error message in the message box). However the data are correctly acquired from the station, logged on files and displayed on the webpages.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

SD card failure?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 3278 ● Ecowitt GW1100/WS80/WH40 ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspberry OS 6.1.21 ● Mono 6.12.0.200
https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl/CMX4/NET8/ (beta)
CMX build 4003+ ● RPi 4B ● RPi OS 6.1.0-rpi7-rpi-v8 aarch64 ● dotnet 8.0.1