Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Raspberry Pi4 Bookworm clean install

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

oldeflyer
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4 Bookworm Linux

Re: Raspberry Pi4 Bookworm clean install

Post by oldeflyer »

Looks like I'm going to be getting the imager back out and get the 32 OS.
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Post by Nossie »

HansR wrote: Wed 22 Nov 2023 3:22 pm I am running my operational system on bookworm (CMX / CUtils only) and have no problem so far.

It was not a clean install I upgraded from bullseye.
I know you are away for a few Hans, but I'm assuming your mono is 64 bit? I'm surprised the mono issue had not came up before - I just installed mono on another pi and it's the 64 bit version - but I never went as far as trying g CMX ... maybe you could do a bullseye install and upgrade to bookworm like Hans?
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

@dazza has produced a 64bit downloadable rPi image in the wiki with MX installed, so presumably Mono 64 bit is running in the image.
oldeflyer

Post by oldeflyer »

Clean install of 32 bit Bookworm, Mono and Apache2 on new SD card.
It runs fine with VP2 after catchup.

I run the Apache2 so I can serve the default web pages for MX on my local LAN.
It ran fine on the Bullseye but it doesn't want to go on the Bookworm.
I created the same MXWeather directory in /var/www/ and moved the index.htm file from the webfiles directory into MXWeather.
I am getting the json files in the MXWeather directory but when I try to access the index.htm, I only get a black and white page (looks like a template) with no data.
I KNOW I did something wrong. Just don't remember all the steps I took to get it going on Bullseye
The native Dashboard MX displays just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
oldeflyer

Post by oldeflyer »

Never mind :oops:
I fixed the Apache2 to look at the MXWeather directory but didn't copy anything but the index.htm, duh!
Copied the rest of the webfiles directory into MXWeather directory and all the pages are working now.

Thanks,
Wayne
oldeflyer

Post by oldeflyer »

Hi All!
Didn't know whether to post in this thread or start a new one. This will do, I guess.

RPi4 (arm64) running the 64 bit Bookworm OS.
Installed CMX from this post: viewtopic.php?t=18766

BUT, you need to use the Debian mono. If you look at the fine text just below the item it lists ARM64. The raspberry Pi download only lists ARMHF. I originally got errors trying the RPi download until I looked at the fine print and tried the Debian. It works like a charm.

Wayne
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the update on the installation of mono onto an RPi 4. The use of the Debian tab within mono download certainly works and my working installation is now much smoother, even the RealVNC works with no issues :clap: