Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus 1 rain data problem

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
TwoTonTed
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11

Cumulus 1 rain data problem

Post by TwoTonTed »

I've just installed a new PC and successfully migrated my data. I still use Cumulus 1 as had some problems migrating to MX (something I'll address again before too long!). I use a Vantage Vue; the console and PC connection is all fine and I've applied the patch to extend the Year to 2030 as advised. Looking at My Weather in Cumulus I seem to have lost data for the past couple of days. E.g., the Vue console says its recorded 108.2mm rain this month while the software is saying 81.3 and the monthly figure reflects this too. I've tried reloading etc but I'm still missing the past few days data. Any idea how I can sync the console to get consistency in reporting between itself and Cumulus?
Thanks, George.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Cumulus 1 rain data problem

Post by PaulMy »

If all is working correctly, both should match, but you have reinstalled CU1 and then a new run may have lost some data from the logger.
With CumulusMX you can copy in all the files from a most-recent full/good backup to the \data folder and then restart CMX and it will catch up from that last backup (as long as the data logger still has the data). I believe CU1 will do the same.
Editing CU1 to match the console will be difficult... Would you by chance have a weatherlink.com account set up that has the ongoing data updates?

p.s. Now may be a good time to CMX...

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

@TwoTonTed, how up to date in your dayfile? Hopefully the last entry is 08/11/2023.

If you’re missing a day or two that would explain the anomaly. If you have nearby stations uploading to WU you could use an average of the closest stations and edit dayfile.txt to add the missing days.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

TwoTonTed
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by TwoTonTed »

thanks for the replies seems like either I do some editing of the text files (which I've done before) or I migrate to MX! The last time I tried the migration I recall losing a whole load of data from pervious years. Is it possible to easily migrate and keep everything I've recorded since 2016?!
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

@TwoTonTed, given you only have to create data for a couple of days that appears a far better option than learning a completely different way of running Cumulus. Entirely your decision but with Cumulus1 now not being updated it's a very stable interface.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

TwoTonTed wrote: Fri 10 Nov 2023 10:17 am thanks for the replies seems like either I do some editing of the text files (which I've done before) or I migrate to MX! The last time I tried the migration I recall losing a whole load of data from pervious years. Is it possible to easily migrate and keep everything I've recorded since 2016?!

Very easy to do follow these instructions in the WiKi https://www.cumuluswiki.org/a/Migrating ... us_1_to_MX

Have a problem ask in the Forum. Hint the common problem encountered is not setting the Start Date to the start date of your data and leaving it to default to the installation date.

There is also a help page for the first run of MX using the Wizard.
David