Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Record editing suggestion

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
packman2008
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + WLL
Operating System: Windows 11

Record editing suggestion

Post by packman2008 »

Having just loaded up a lot of historic data pretty much every record needs editing which is a big job but I'll work my way through it. However, there are a couple of suggestions which might make this a lot easier for others having to do this.

You have to select the record value and record date/time individually to copy them across but I can't think of reasons why you'd need one without the other. So you move the mouse to the record value, click, move the mouse to Yes (or No), click, move the mouse to the date/time, click, move the mouse to Yes (or No) and click. That's a lot of mouse navigation for each record. So as a suggestion...

1) Selecting either the new record value or date/time should copy both values across to the record column.
2) The Yes/No dialogue could be made to accept the Y/N keys as well as mouse clicks

This would then simplify mass updates to - Move mouse to select new value or date/time, click, press the Y key. You could then just move the mouse down a column clicking with one hand and pressing the key with your other hand.

Edit: Apologies for posting this in the wrong place. I can't see a way to move it.
Chris

https://blackpool.weather-watch.com/
CMX build 4018 ● CU 7.0.0b1 ● Davis VP2+WLL & Ecowitt GW1100 ● Core i5 Mini PC ● Windows 11 ● .Net 8.0.3
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Record editing suggestion

Post by mcrossley »

Originally there was no automatic copy at all, you had to copy and paste the text into each editor. I added the ability to click on values and automatically apply them. It mimics the in-place editors which is why it is one value at a time.

I can see the improvement though, so I'll see what I can do.
packman2008
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + WLL
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by packman2008 »

The improvement works very well.

Thank you :D
Chris

https://blackpool.weather-watch.com/
CMX build 4018 ● CU 7.0.0b1 ● Davis VP2+WLL & Ecowitt GW1100 ● Core i5 Mini PC ● Windows 11 ● .Net 8.0.3
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

:thumbsup: