Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Realtime Gadget

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
blackpoolguy
Weather Station: SmartWeather
Operating System: Vista

Re: Cumulus Realtime Gadget

Post by blackpoolguy »

Hi,
The laptop I previously had died on me a few weeks ago so have now replaced it with a new one which uses windows 7 rather than vista which the other one used. I've added all my gadgets that I had on my previous one but I'm having problems trying to alter the settings so that it shows dewpoint on the gadget instead of the default windchill. I've altered the line to temperature2 = 4; in the settings.ini file but it still continues to show windchill, altering the other lines does change the settings on the gadget, I'm stumped on why that part won't change to read the dewpoint temperature.

Sean
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Post by William Grimsley »

Hi,

Mine works fine just copy and paste cumulusih.gadget into your gadgets folder. The path should be this. C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\ then paste the file cumulusih.gadget into that folder (Gadgets)
Smarmen
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Smarmen »

Hello everyone!
My name is Krzysiek and I come from Poland.
My PWS (Personal Weather Station) has been operating for three years.
I really liked your weather gadget and I would like to share it with others on my website . To do so, I have allowed myself to modify it a little bit.
My goal was to simplify the look of the gadget and the way the information is being shown.
Therefore, I have:
- added the name of PWS. I would also like to add a link on the gadget straight to the weather website,
- used the icons instead of the descriptions. Thanks to that, the gadget will be available and understandable for everybody,
- rounded the values that are being displayed,
- removed „feels like” temperature,
- removed the date of the update. There's only the time now.
All the changes I've implemented in the files: gadget.js and settings.js are properly marked
Image Image

Be careful until Dane says it is OK.
What is sure is that one cannot use both versions in the same time. It results with the updating problems.

Hello Dane,
Thank you, your gadget is really cool:)
Please have a look if everything is correct and if I haven't broke anything.
I have remarked that one cannot use both versions in the same time because it results with the updating problems. Something jams when you try to do so. Perhaps both gadgets try to read the same file (local copy of realtime.txt)?
If you agree, I would like to add your gadget on my website to share it.

download:
my version cumulusih gadget

Thats all :D

Last edited by Smarmen on Tue 03 Jan 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dane
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68700
Operating System: Win10 Ult., 64-bit, RaspberryPi

Post by dane »

Nice work, Smarmen :clap:

Your modifications to cumulusih gadget look OK to me. So I have no problem with that.
Your XP gadget has the disadvantage that it updates less frequently than the realtime gadget.

To avoid confusion I suggest that you create a separate thread for your gadgets, so users can find the version(s) they prefer, and you can present updates outside this thread.
Ib
Smarmen
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Smarmen »

You're right - I did it already :D
kb0mgh
Weather Station: WeatherWise WS 1090
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by kb0mgh »

i love your gadget but it seem to be stuck on the stormy when it is not stormy and it should be sunny or any thing else. How can if fix this? I have the realtime.txt as this going to the cumulus folder where the cumulus realtime is located at >> C:\Cumulus\realtime.txt
dane

Post by dane »

As stated in the 1st post of this thread:
Do not use the local realtime.txt version "for real": the gadget will run fine for a while, but will hang after an unpredictable lapse of time
You seem to be running the gadget off a local realtime.txt.
The weather icons displayed by the gadget represent the forecast, not the current weather, and should match the forecast text displayed by Cumulus on its main screen.
If you believe the forecast is wrong, try adjusting the forecast pressure extremes on Cumulus's Configuration--->Station screen (lower right hand corner)
Ib
kb0mgh
Weather Station: WeatherWise WS 1090
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by kb0mgh »

Thank you
riordankj
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7-64bit

Post by riordankj »

Hi, I've downloaded the gadget and I like it. Unfortunately I'm not much of a programer for this. Can anyone tell me exactly what the line for the date should look like to get a US format?

Thanks in advance
Kevin
dane

Post by dane »

riordankj wrote:Hi, I've downloaded the gadget and I like it. Unfortunately I'm not much of a programer for this. Can anyone tell me exactly what the line for the date should look like to get a US format?

Thanks in advance
Kevin
try:
usdate = "/";
Ib
riordankj
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7-64bit

Post by riordankj »

Thanks Dane!

I'm a Moron, I forgot to remove the // before the variable. Works great! :oops:
daqddyo1
Weather Station: WS-1090
Operating System: Windows7

Post by daqddyo1 »

I meant to post this as a reply to this thread rather than a new thread. So, here goes:

On my gadget installation, both temps. are always the same but on some of the gadget pictures shown in this thread, the temps. have different values. What are these temps. supposed to represent? Is there a setting I can change in Cumulus to get them to be what they are supposed to be?
I do not have a web page (of my own) bu my data is uploaded to Wunderground (IONTHORN3).
On my computer screen, my gadget settings are:c:/cumulus/realtime.txt, interval 30s
The gadget only started working when I checked all three settings for realtime in the Cumulus internet configuration.

Thx,

daqddyo1
The truth is out there.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

daqddyo1 wrote:On my gadget installation, both temps. are always the same but on some of the gadget pictures shown in this thread, the temps. have different values. What are these temps. supposed to represent?
Does, the following, from the gadget PDF document, help?

"The temperature line has 2 fields. The figure following the slash is under user control via the gadget’s settings.ini file (see below). Default is: heat index (as shown in the daylight example) if higher than first field, or wind chill (as shown in the night example) if lower than first field – numbers as provided by Cumulus in the realtime.txt file."

And in the settings.ini file:

// 3rd parameter: field after the slash in the temperature line of gadget output:
// if not specified or blank: defaults to show 'feels like' temperature: wind chill / heat index.
// temperature2 = 54; // apparent temp // between 0 and 57, or negative for no 2nd value.
Steve
daqddyo1

Post by daqddyo1 »

Thnanks Steve,

John
The truth is out there.
daqddyo1

Post by daqddyo1 »

Steve,
Just checked my Cumulus readings and both heat index and temp are the same as I have currently no sunlight and had no wind to speak of for the past week.

John
The truth is out there.