Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Hostpresto server migration

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: Hostpresto server migration

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote: Thu 18 Jan 2024 11:53 am The hosting company that never takes their servers down for maintenance doesn’t exist.
I never once said it didn't..

But you don't seem to understand that customers should be receiving emails to say it will be happening.

Show me the email you got to warn you that server maintenance was taking place last night please..

There wasn't even an announcement on their website for last night's downtime.

Also, why is it that after emailing them last week during the migration, they told me it will be "completed" and yet the email I received last night was an almost identical response the last week's reply from them?!

They also always say, your website was offline for "few minutes" that's absolute nonsense.

As I said in my previous post, they disabled all of my FTP accounts, which I couldn't turn back on, and they even changed my PHP version without my consent. Hosting companies shouldn't be touching those things without any prior notice.

As for them taking £90 off of me over 3 years for an SSL certificate when I should have been given a free one, is another matter.

I've been with them long enough to know how s#!t they are.

When I do finally get the time to sort it all out, I will be leaving a note on my website to tell people not to choose Hostpresto for a hosting a website.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

@Mapantz, you’re coming across as a very angry man. Why don’t you ring HostPresto and speak to them rather than vent your spleen here which achieves nothing other than raising your blood pressure.

They don’t send emails for down time. Now I know they use Announcements I check there as I did earlier this week. There wasn’t one which tells me it’s a short disconnection. The message on my website was different to the other week so I knew it was a different issue.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote: Thu 18 Jan 2024 1:04 pm They don’t send emails for down time. Now I know they use Announcements I check there as I did earlier this week. There wasn’t one which tells me it’s a short disconnection. The message on my website was different to the other week so I knew it was a different issue.
I'm not getting angry, I'm trying to make you understand that Hostpresto is not playing by the rule book and you're getting your wires crossed..

The downtime was a result of server maintenance/migration. They ARE supposed to email you well in advance of the aforementioned. Hostpresto even said this to me in a reply after I sent them an email last week, AND last night.

In another thread I made about CMX locking up due to the server going down, another member who is on Hostpresto replied to say that they didn't get an email either.

So I ask you again, show me the email you got to say that server maintenance would be taking place, and the server would experience downtime..

Last night:
Thank you for contacting support.

As per the email earlier in the week and the announcement in the client area, your account is being moved to a new server. This is part of our ongoing upgrade process to ensure the very best in service, security, performance, and reliability. You do not need to do anything further, your account should not be offline for too much longer. We appreciate your understanding in this matter
That reply is almost identical to the one I had last week. But after last weeks migration, they told me it was complete. Yet it happened a second time, again with no prior warning via email, or an announcement.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Oh, and the latest dirty trick from Hostpresto:
I can confirm that the message in the client area announcement was correct and this was not an old announcement.
Really?
Screenshot 2024-01-18 023714.png
They've quietly changed that announcement, and then tried to tell me that it was not an old announcement.

That's exactly why I screenshot things like that, so they can't get away with it when they lie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

@mapantz,

<<I'm not getting angry, I'm trying to make you understand that Hostpresto is not playing by the rule book and you're getting your wires crossed..>>

I've never seen anything from HP saying users will receive an email when downtime is required. It's very infrequent as far as I'm concerned.

If HP is such a poor service for you why stay with them? Have you considered hosting yourself? I believe Mark Crossley does his.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote: Thu 18 Jan 2024 4:00 pm @mapantz,
I've never seen anything from HP saying users will receive an email when downtime is required. It's very infrequent as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not sure how many more times I need to tell you.. they DO send emails when server maintenance is due. Every host I have used has sent emails out.

Look at the second to last post I made, it literally says they send emails out..

And this is directly from Hostpresto:
Emails were also sent out but we will take a look at our mail logs to see if there is a particular reason why this was not received.
As for moving host; Look at my reply to Hans. I don't want to keep repeating myself.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Offline, yet again.
M1DUL
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 Plus Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Version

Post by M1DUL »

Mapantz wrote: Tue 23 Jan 2024 11:38 am Offline, yet again.
Hello Mapantz,

Mine is also down, stopped uploading at 11:15 my gagu I have looked in my MXdiags folder, and they have blocked my connection.
Here is the data.

2024-01-23 11:30:00.543 PHP[Int]: Upload to websitedata.json: Response text follows:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html style="height:100%">
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no" />
<title> 403 Forbidden
</title></head>
<body style="color: #444; margin:0;font: normal 14px/20px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; height:100%; background-color: #fff;">
<div style="height:auto; min-height:100%; "> <div style="text-align: center; width:800px; margin-left: -400px; position:absolute; top: 30%; left:50%;">
<h1 style="margin:0; font-size:150px; line-height:150px; font-weight:bold;">403</h1>
<h2 style="margin-top:20px;font-size: 30px;">Forbidden
</h2>
<p>Access to this resource on the server is denied!</p>
</div></div><div style="color:#f0f0f0; font-size:12px;margin:auto;padding:0px 30px 0px 30px;position:relative;clear:both;height:100px;margin-top:-101px;background-color:#474747;border-top: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.15);box-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3) inset;">
<br>Proudly powered by LiteSpeed Web Server<p>Please be advised that LiteSpeed Technologies Inc. is not a web hosting company and, as such, has no control over content found on this site.</p></div></body></html>

2024-01-23 11:30:00.574 PHP[Int]: Upload to websitedata.json: Response text follows:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html style="height:100%">
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no" />
<title> 403 Forbidden
</title></head>
<body style="color: #444; margin:0;font: normal 14px/20px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; height:100%; background-color: #fff;">
<div style="height:auto; min-height:100%; "> <div style="text-align: center; width:800px; margin-left: -400px; position:absolute; top: 30%; left:50%;">
<h1 style="margin:0; font-size:150px; line-height:150px; font-weight:bold;">403</h1>
<h2 style="margin-top:20px;font-size: 30px;">Forbidden
</h2>
<p>Access to this resource on the server is denied!</p>
</div></div><div style="color:#f0f0f0; font-size:12px;margin:auto;padding:0px 30px 0px 30px;position:relative;clear:both;height:100px;margin-top:-101px;background-color:#474747;border-top: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.15);box-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3) inset;">
<br>Proudly powered by LiteSpeed Web Server<p>Please be advised that LiteSpeed Technologies Inc. is not a web hosting company and, as such, has no control over content found on this site.</p></div></body></html>

2024-01-23 11:30:00.574 PHP[Int]: HTTP Error uploading to websitedata.json: Response code = 403: Forbidden

Is this what you are getting as well? I will be contacting them again.
Mike

Weather Station : Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus Daytime Far's
Cumulus MX v.3.28.6 build 3283
https://branksomeweather.co.uk/index.htm
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Yep - same

I opened a ticket over an hour ago, and they have not replied.

Lost for words on how bad they've become.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Mod security, again..
Screenshot 2024-01-23 124423.png
I've unblocked myself via the client firewall area.

The question is, why is this happening to multiple customers? It's awful.

Hostpresto are not even replying to tickets either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Forget that, I'm blocked again..

As soon as I unblock my IP and run CMX, I get blocked again.

Code: Select all

<p><span class="bigger flickering">403</span><br/> ERROR</p>
<p id="info">Access Denied! You don't have permission to access /upload.php on this server.</p>
M1DUL

Post by M1DUL »

Now this when I try to browse my website

Unable to connect

An error occurred during a connection to branksomeweather.co.uk.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

It is not very good from them. Nothing on their website about the problem.
Mike

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

Hostpresto are blocking our IP addresses Mike. We can unblock them, but we'll get blocked again when CMX starts uploading.

1 hour and 30 mins now, and no reply from them.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

They've done a whitelist this time, and it seems to be ok now. However, I have had the "whitelist" reply about 6 times in the last few months, and it still continues to happen.
M1DUL

Post by M1DUL »

Mapantz wrote: Tue 23 Jan 2024 12:46 pm Mod security, again..

Screenshot 2024-01-23 124423.png

I've unblocked myself via the client firewall area.

The question is, why is this happening to multiple customers? It's awful.

Hostpresto are not even replying to tickets either.
I cannot do that on my account, they have blocked my IP address, they've blocked me out of everything !!!!
Mike