Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Select-a-graph : The time interval

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
Dador
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus & Ecowitt
Operating System: Windows 10

Select-a-graph : The time interval

Post by Dador »

I recently changed my main Cumulus program from 1.9.4 to CMX. There is one thing I miss from the old program. In the V1 version, it was possible to select any time range in the select-a-graphs tab and create a graph with a comparison of parameters from the entire measurement period. This is currently not possible in CMX. Maybe it's worth implementing this good old solution? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Select-a-graph : The time interval

Post by mcrossley »

Not as simple to implement as it seems. I think this would be best implemented as a new graph option, it would only pull data from the log files, and ignore the 1 minute "recent" data.

Where there is now "Historic Charts", that would become a more descriptive "Daily Charts" (all data is historic!), and add a new option based on the current Select-a-chart, that also allowed start and end times to be specified. Select-a-Period if you like!
Dador

Post by Dador »

CMX allows you to create charts for Recent Charts and Select-a-charts up to 7 days, i.e. 1 week. What if you could make this week movable? So you could go back to the old data from the monthXXlog.txt files. You would choose the beginning of this week, or the middle day, depending on the method. I think that such a function would be enough for those (including me) who like to go back in time and analyze data in the form of a graph. It is important that the data comes from monthly files, not from dayfile.txt.
That would be something nice.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Currently the recent graphs use 1 minute data from the internal database and do not use the log files. How far back in time this goes is configurable.
These high-resolution "recent" graphs will remain.

What you want would need a whole chunk of new code to use the log files. That will take time to implement.
Dador

Post by Dador »

Hi,

Thank you Mark, for a "select-a-period".

It looks very, very good. :clap:

I appreciate.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

You're welcome, it was a missing feature from C1 that needed implementing.