Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Firewall issues

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Firewall issues

Post by Nossie »

I wondered why my site completely stopped responding and kept pausing at the php upload segment

Eventually I contacted my host Krystal and they said no issues with the website - but after a bit of investigation confirmed my IP had been blocked by their firewall.

Not sure what flagged it, but they did remove and it was fine after this -- anyway just a heads up, not had any problems up until now but my guess would be something to do with the phpupload threw it off.
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Re: Firewall issues

Post by forestedge »

but after a bit of investigation confirmed my IP had been blocked by their firewall.
I had a similar issue with Krystal after a couple days of using php upload. Security software blocked my ip address for "unusual activity" and I could not view my site! I had to complete a few captchas to restore it, no issues since.
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Linux openSUSE

Post by broadstairs »

I use Krystal as well with php uploads and have not had any issues doing it. However I don't use the default website so not a large number of uploads.

Stuart
Currently running CMX V4 4023
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The current implementation is a bit network heavy, I'll do something about that in the next release. But the number of requests in a short period may still trigger security rules.
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Post by Nossie »

That's fine Mark, this post was more for people that found themselves in a similar situation. My use case is that I do upload pretty frequently by default so it's no surprise that the host is questioning things.

I was going to compare my last months data with this months transfer - but I realised that I use motioneye for video and I only kill that occasionally so it would be unfair to use the data from then until now.

More than happy to test or try something new regardles :)

EDIT: just to add - I expected the data to catch up, but apparently not :-O
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

@nossie: not sure what happened here but if incremental uploads fail for some time, the json on the server does not contain the complete dataset. So in case of failure of the protocol smaller and larger gaps in the chart may occur because failed resents are not repeated (i.e. not from within CUtils, don't know about CMX). So far I have not seen a large gap as what you show here.

Note: the chart you show is served by CUtils json which is also sent incrementally
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The CMX incremental updates should not contain gaps, all the data since the last successful upload is always sent - so the incremental upload gets larger until it is successful when it will then revert to sending just the latest new data points again.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Yes, seems CUtils needs an improvement there :?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4023+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3