Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Query about weather stations and pressure

GW1000 WiFi gateway
Nossie
Weather Station: Ecowitt 2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi5 Debian Bookworm

Query about weather stations and pressure

Post by Nossie »

Especially ecowitt ones, for anyone that has more experience with these :)

I've recently discovered that my pressure readings may have been incorrect. I setup to share my data with AWEKAS and within a day or so my pressure readings were locked as they did not fit with surrounding stations. I share through cumulus, so the first thing I did was check what was going on there - but it seemed fine. I checked the display and the figures were matching what was going out - however one thing I do notice is that relative and absolute pressure are the same? I live 30+ miles from the sea and on the side of a valley, so I don't think that should be correct.

I started to write this and went to take a screenshot and noticed that within the last day or two, suddenly my readings are matching again - I don't think I made any relevant change to settings, I was still trying to convert millibars to hpa to understand what it should be - and I didn't want to recalibrate anything until I understood what was going wrong.

So yay - my data matches the few surrounding stations within 20kms. Still doesn't explain A: why and B: when I switch between ABS and REL on the display nothing changes? Does anyone have any thoughts on this phenomenon?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian.

http://www.StewartonWeather.com
Containerised Cumulus[MX] 3.28.0 (build: 3269) ● CumulusUtils Version 6.23.0● Ecowitt 2551/WH65/T&HP/WH57/WH45/3x WH51 ● Pi 5 8GB ● Debian Bookworm ● Ubuntu Server Host
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Re: Query about weather stations and pressure

Post by SamiS »

I can’t explain the problem your graph shows. But if you want the pressures to work correctly, you must calibrate two things. First you have to adjust the difference between absolute and relative to match the elevation of your location regards to sea level. After that you then calibrate the absolute pressure so that your relative pressure is correct when compared to nearby reliable stations. There is a good explanation on wxforum by Gyvate.

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic ... #msg443831