Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How to connect my weather station?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
LRAT
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro+
Operating System: Windows 11

How to connect my weather station?

Post by LRAT »

Recently I purchased a Davis Vantage Pro+ weather station (With UV and solar radiation sensors).
I also purchased the WeatherDisplay software but that is so hard to set up that I've abandoned this software.
I am now trying to install Cumulus version 1.9.4 software. However, I've got trouble to connect to my weather station.
The TCP port shows 22222 and the Discon period = 0
The IP address of my Weatherlink live is 192.168.10.166
Should I change the TCP port address to something else?
I am puzzled. The Weatherlink Live software works fine and my data is uploaded to the Davis website.
Any advice will be very welcome.
Thanks for your help!
Luke
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: How to connect my weather station?

Post by HansR »

Cumulus I is no longer supported, I would advise you to use CumulusMX latest version.
That is somewhat different in use so you might have to adapt a little.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The old Cumulus 1 software does not support the WeatherLink Live device at all.
LRAT
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro+
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by LRAT »

Thanks guys!
I will look for the new software.
Cheers,

Luke
bellmike
Weather Station: davis vantagepro2
Operating System: windows11

Post by bellmike »

Hi Luke i am trying to connect my weather station also with the mx but i am having problems if you sort it out could you give me some hints on mine
i also have the Davis vantage pro 2 with weather link uploading to the weather link website which is working fine
cheers MIke
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Mike, just to be clear you are talking about a VP2 with a (USB?) logger and you are using the WeatherLink software? Not a WeatherLink Live device?

Davis have really made things confusing by calling everything WeatherLink! :bash:
bellmike

Post by bellmike »

Hi sorry about that it is weather link live no computer software or data logger i have looked at the cumulus help page for beginners and still find it hard to follow. I have basic computer skills but the mx looks to be out of my league. i like the weather link software but i also like the cumulus mx as here in Australia our rain totals go from 9am to 9am which you can do in cumulus. it is hard comparing notes here with neighbours and friends when you have to calculate the rain and backtrack through your data
any help would be appreciated. cheers Mike
My station is bellmike. Bellenden Ker. north Queensland. Australia
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Setting up CumulusMX on a Windows 11 computer is an absolute doddle!!

Download the software from the Wiki, unzip into it's own Windows directory (Do not do the typical C:/Program Files/CumulusMX as this can cause problems). Using File Explorer navigate to the directory, right click on cumulusmx.exe and left click on Run as Administrator.

A DOS style dialogue box will appear, and tell how to connect to your running program in a browser.
Working Dir: C:\CumulusMX\

Cumulus running at : http://localhost:8998/
http://192.168.1.158:8998/

Open the admin interface by entering one of the above URLs into a web browser.
I usually use the IP address line as it is more reliable and also more useful if you are running multiple CMX computers on the same network.

The first time you do this it will ask you to add wizard.html to the line i.e. http://192.168.1.158:8998/wizard.html which will take you directly to the set up Wizard which will take you through the minimum settings required to get your station talking to CumulusMX (on a restart after completion) and the minimum settings to get your website up and running assuming of course you want one.

Then you can carry on after the restart and your Davis Station is providing data to CMX, to tweaking the various other parameters that you may want to set.

Any problems let us know.
David
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

bellmike wrote: Sat 20 Aug 2022 6:55 am from 9am to 9am which you can do in cumulus
Providing that functionality was the main reason Steve Loft decided to develop Cumulus software in the first place.
water01 wrote: Sat 20 Aug 2022 12:50 pm the set up Wizard which will take you through the minimum settings required
@bellmike:
David's post, earlier this afternoon, could have added that he has written a guide to this MX wizard with explanation of terminology, and screen shots, which now has a page to itself in the Wiki.

(@water01:
Ideally this topic should be moved to Davis sub-forum, because it has virtually no relevance to Cumulus 1 sub-forum, and within Davis sub-forum any future WeatherLink Live device users could have a better chance of finding it).
water01

Post by water01 »

Forgotten I had done that @swfs !! Moved the Topic.
David
bellmike

Post by bellmike »

Thank you so much for the help i will give this a go tomorrow and see how i go thanks for the help and i will give a update as to how i go
bellmike

Post by bellmike »

Hi i have worked my way through what your instructions were but i am stuck on the station i.d i have put in the i.d which is in my wwl settings and also tried the information asked for in the black box. it is just coming up red and wont accept either i have also tried to leave blank. i have the cumulus screen up but no data received from station. i have attached a screen shot so any help deleting the old stations on wll and also fixing the i.d problem would be great
thanks Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
water01

Post by water01 »

Sorry but I do not have a Davis Station so I do not know how to configure the WLL, but the fact that is red means it is in error, that is how the Dashboard tells you you have a setting wrong.
David
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Which of those stations are you trying to add?

You have three under your account: 45476, 58072, and 140952

This is what my set-up looks like...
wll_api.jpg
BUT, the WLL should be working without that, those details are only used for "catch-up" of missing data. You should be getting live data.

It could be that the firewall on your computer is blocking the data.

Could you zip and post your MXdiags folder please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bellmike

Post by bellmike »

Hi i have figured it out it might sound a bit dumb but i was trying to add the station i.d from my wll settings and the answerer was sitting right in front of me with the numbers from the station in the black box. so the good news is i have data uploading and working fine. just wondering if that is how you start cumulus every time you use it. i have created a shortcut to my desktop i click on that and then put the info in browser and program comes up or is there another way to do it. i also have downloaded the cumulus app for android and when i try to add the station with information it is not working
I am happy with everyone's help and thank you so much. now that it is working i have a lot more questions but i will take the time and try and work out what i can achieve myself and come back if i get stuck.
thanks again Mike