Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Historic Chart anomoly

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Nottub
Weather Station: Davis VP2 (Cabled)
Operating System: RPi 4

Historic Chart anomoly

Post by Nottub »

Morning all,

I have a question regarding the source data for the historic charts. I inadvertantly left the dayfile.txt on realtime update through yesterdays 10am update which I think has led to the 4th August values to be incorrect on the Historic Charts. The data file for the 4th looks OK in that from 10am on the 4th to 10am on the 5th the values (temp, pressure etc) look fine.

However when you view the Historic Charts for the 4th August you'll see the temperature for maximum and minimum is the same (18.9c), the pressure is the same (1021.9).

Can I update/ correct these values to those from the data log viewer?

https://www.calvertoncam.co.uk/weather/ ... c.htm#temp

Thanks

Martyn
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Historic Chart anomoly

Post by water01 »

Yes you can in the Dayfile editor. If you are using the latest version of MX you can also get it to read the monthly logs and automatically use the readings from the logs to update the dayfile.
David
Nottub

Post by Nottub »

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try when I get home.

Cheers

Martyn
Nottub

Post by Nottub »

Just looking at the Data logs/ Day file Viewer/ Editor for the 4th to 5th August and all the values are correct.

It shows the low temp as 9.8c and the high as 23.1c, the min pressure as 1014.8 and the max pressure as 1022.0.

I can't work out where the Historic Charts gets it's data from to allow me to change it.

Thanks

Martyn
Grouper
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS Buster

Post by Grouper »

If you have edited the dayfile then I think you need to stop & restart Cumulusmx in order for the charts to be updated.
Nottub

Post by Nottub »

Thanks Grouper, just done that and it has worked. Thank you.

I must try the stop and restart next time, silly me. :groan:

Just for information I have checked the MX Diagnostics which show the following line at 10am on the 5th August:-.

"2022-08-05 10:00:00.518 Error writing to dayfile.txt: Sharing violation on path /home/pi/CumulusMX/data/dayfile.txt"

This confims my thoughts about leaving the 'dayfile.txt' on 'realtime update'. It has therefore not been able to write the updated data for the 4th August at the right time because it couldn't access the file (already in use).

The data was there in the end, but i didn't shut down CumulusMX to pick up the change after the 10am scheduled update on the 5th.

Sorry to be a pain but I am getting there......SLOWLY :bash:

Managed the banner and have also added the Dayfile Reader to my webpage ( a little work to do on the Wind Run values from my early Weatherlink data). :D

Martyn