Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upgraded to 3.19.1 (build 3194)

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

dazza1223
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
Operating System: Raspberry pi 4 (4gb)

Upgraded to 3.19.1 (build 3194)

Post by dazza1223 »

2022-07-14 13:06:23.093 Realtime[53]: Warning, a previous cycle is still processing local files. Skipping this interval.
2022-07-14 13:06:27.093 Realtime[54]: Warning, a previous cycle is still processing local files. Skipping this interval.
2022-07-14 13:06:31.093 Realtime[55]: Warning, a previous cycle is still processing local files. Skipping this interval.
2022-07-14 13:06:35.093 Realtime[56]: Warning, a previous cycle is still processing local files. Skipping this interval.
2022-07-14 13:06:35.936 FTP[52]: Error uploading /home/pi/usb-drive/CumulusMX/Cmx-WLL/web/custom_realtimeT.txttmp to public_html\custom_realtime.txt : Error while uploading the file to the server. See InnerException for more info.
2022-07-14 13:06:35.936 FTP[52]: Inner Exception: Timed out trying to read data from the socket stream!

i know mark you said you cant test it but im happy to set up a another pi and set up my hosting for it so u can run test that way?

and i will give you SSH
Have fun and keep learning

dazza :D

https://www.davisworthing.co.uk

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Upgraded to 3.19.1 (build 3194)

Post by mcrossley »

We need to see if that is a problem or not. That snippet of the log just shows your FTP stalling, and CMX recording the error. Nothing unusual there, what is interesting is if it restarts OK or not.
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

ok i will reboot and put data logging on fro 20min and upload it

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

MXdiags.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Why reboot? - the error above is non-fatal, the log file shows it reconnected to your FTP server OK, and the real-time process then continued without any further errors until you stopped CMX 12 seconds later.
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

oh i thought you hade to reboot data logging on sorry my bad! oh yh it showing that it did not in the fist logs it dint but i will keep a eye on it

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

I am still getting random errors in the log to do with FTP?
20220714-141742.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

You are but from what I can see they are all issues with the FTP not responding. The good news for me is that CMX is recovering and reconnecting OK. That doesn't help you with your problems though :( I think you will need to look at the FTP server logs and see if that gives any clues as to why it stops responding.

You are updating AWEKAS and WoW too frequently, you are getting rate limited by their servers and your data rejected.

TBH the first thing I'd try is slowing everything down, most of your real-time uploads fail because the previous one hasn't finished (admittedly due to the waiting on timeouts). But try a real-time interval of say 10 or 20 seconds rather than 4 seconds and see if it then works smoothly. If not there is some other problem, if it does then it may be your FTP server has some rate limiting? If it does work you could then decrease the interval in steps and find some balance?

Going flat out obviously isn't working and I'm not sure what it is achieving anyway for the likes of WoW and AWEKAS? If you want rapid uploads to AWEKAS then you have to buy an upgraded subscription.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

mcrossley wrote: Sat 16 Jul 2022 9:52 am You are but from what I can see they are all issues with the FTP not responding. The good news for me is that CMX is recovering and reconnecting OK. That doesn't help you with your problems though :( I think you will need to look at the FTP server logs and see if that gives any clues as to why it stops responding.

You are updating AWEKAS and WoW too frequently, you are getting rate limited by their servers and your data rejected.

TBH the first thing I'd try is slowing everything down, most of your real-time uploads fail because the previous one hasn't finished (admittedly due to the waiting on timeouts). But try a real-time interval of say 10 or 20 seconds rather than 4 seconds and see if it then works smoothly. If not there is some other problem, if it does then it may be your FTP server has some rate limiting? If it does work you could then decrease the interval in steps and find some balance?

Going flat out obviously isn't working and I'm not sure what it is achieving anyway for the likes of WoW and AWEKAS? If you want rapid uploads to AWEKAS then you have to buy an upgraded subscription.
Which is what Mark said a week or so ago, you are overloading FTP by trying too much in too little time. Do you listen to advice, because if you don't there is little point in re-posting the same thing again and again and wasting peoples time diagnosing the same problem?
David
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

mcrossley wrote: Sat 16 Jul 2022 9:52 am You are but from what I can see they are all issues with the FTP not responding. The good news for me is that CMX is recovering and reconnecting OK. That doesn't help you with your problems though :( I think you will need to look at the FTP server logs and see if that gives any clues as to why it stops responding.

thanks mark for that i will do what you said and see how it goes meny thanks

dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

it all solved now no errors :)

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

:thumbsup:
dazza1223

Post by dazza1223 »

just a update on this my log looks so clean now and CMX been ruining for hole 10 days with out dropping!!!

but there a little error i see i don't know what that is

WOW Response: ERROR - Response code = ServiceUnavailable, body = <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN' 'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1- ... dtd'><html xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'><head><meta content='text/html; charset=utf-8' http-equiv='content-type'/><style type='text/css'>body {font-family:Arial; margin-left:40px; }img { border:0 none; }#content { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto }#message h2 { font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; color: #000000; margin: 34px 0px 0px 0px }#message p { font-size: 13px; color: #000000; margin: 7px 0px 0px0px}#errorref { font-size: 11px; color: #737373; margin-top: 41px }</style><title>Service unavailable</title></head><body><div id='content'><div id='message'><h2>Our services aren't available right now</h2><p>We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.</p></div><div id='errorref'><span>0pM7tYgAAAAARrzWBMOZ7SImoM1FY4xziTFRTRURHRTEyMjAAMjBmMzM4ZjYtN2NjZS00YTUwLWExNmUtODc2MDAwOGZkMDIw</span></div></div></body></html>

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

That's not a problem with MX - it's WOW having a wobbly. It is notoriously fragile.
Freddie