Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Two Ecowitt Stations but One API?

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

The Dalek Hunter
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000B, Ecowitt GW2000
Operating System: macOS Sonoma on a Mac Mini M2

Two Ecowitt Stations but One API?

Post by The Dalek Hunter »

I have just added a second Ecowitt station to my setup.

https://longsutton-weather.co.uk is an Ecowitt GW1000B

https://wx-watch.co.uk/wittboy/index.htm has just gone 'live' a few minutes ago and is an Ecowitt Wittboy

It is registered on Ecowitt. In the CMX setup for the Wittboy do I use the same Ecowitt API as for the Gateway? There seems to be only one API available. How will the Wittboy know which data to pull during catchup??

Thanks
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Two Ecowitt Stations but One API?

Post by mcrossley »

You should be OK as the MAC address is used along with the API keys to determine what data is read.

However you can create another API key for your second station (or your first), as each API key is limited to one API call per second. The application key is limited to 3 calls per second.

You are unlikely to hit that, but you could if both CMX instances were performing catch-up at the same time. You can create whole new pair of both keys, but reusing the Application key should be fine.
The Dalek Hunter
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000B, Ecowitt GW2000
Operating System: macOS Sonoma on a Mac Mini M2

Re: Two Ecowitt Stations but One API?

Post by The Dalek Hunter »

Many thanks - I will create a second API just in case!