Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Website not populated with data. ai.cmx

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

watsonm
Weather Station: N96GY -but like Triggers Broom!!
Operating System: Raspberry Pi4 Vers:11 Bullseye

Website not populated with data. ai.cmx

Post by watsonm »

Folks,
It has been many a year since I designed and wrote my last website (probably pre 2000! ) so I have forgotten most of what I did know as well as the fact that website "stuff" has moved on!!

I have a working cumulusmx on a raspberry pi and a working cumulusutils website on the internet.

So I decided to have a go with one of the alternative CMX websites as a test.

I downloaded ai.cmx and as per instructions unzipped it into another directory on my website. (a sub directory off the root of the working cumulusutils system accessable by clicking the Poundbury weather image below)

Code: Select all

root  -> weather  = cumulusutils site
      -> poundburyweather  = ai.cmx site

I configured another running (test) cumulusmx system internet settings to point to this ai.cmx directory and happily the realtime.txt and gauges were being updated along with a batch of json files on a regular basis.

However when I point my web browser to the index.html file all I get is a front page with no data entries.
The mxdiag file does not show any warnings or errors and does indicate the sequence of ftp uploads.
I get the impression that there is something simple I haven't turned on!!

What is it I have forgotten? :bash: :groan:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Website not populated with data. ai.cmx

Post by HansR »

If I remember well, the alternative interface is not just a normal website but it is an alternative for the standard CMX interface (the black one) and needs to be installed locally one directory below the main interface. So: CumulusMX/interface/ai.cmx (is a directory).

You cannot access it remote.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

I don't think the AI is designed to be deployed to a website - isn't it just an alternative to the regular admin interface? So for use on your LAN in order to configure your MX installation and to display its data in lieu of the "normal" user interface that came with Cumulus 1?
Freddie
watsonm
Weather Station: N96GY -but like Triggers Broom!!
Operating System: Raspberry Pi4 Vers:11 Bullseye

Post by watsonm »

Thanks guys.
Brain is definitely going. :oops:
{hans}.. I had initially installed it under Cumulusmx/ not Cumulusmx/interface/! :groan:
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor