Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusUtils CumulusRealTimeLocation

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

GaxUser
Weather Station: davis vp2
Operating System: windows

CumulusUtils CumulusRealTimeLocation

Post by GaxUser »

I have the following directory structure:
webroot/WeatherMx - cumulusMx files and location of realtime.txt
webroot/WeatherMx/Util - cumulusUtil files

in the cumulusutils.ini I have:
CumulusRealTimeLocation=..\

The realtime info does not show on the utils website. If I manually copy the the realtime files from the WeatherMx directory to the Utils directory they work. What am I missing?

As an aside I notice the cumulusMx disto has \Reports for the NOAA reports. In order to get reports to work I need to change the the noaa.txt file to use a capital R in reports. e.g.
- filename = '../reports/' + 'NOAAMO' + $(this).val() + $('#year').val().slice(2,4) + '.txt';
+ filename = '../Reports/' + 'NOAAMO' + $(this).val() + $('#year').val().slice(2,4) + '.txt';
notice as well the '../Reports/' path which correctly links the the report directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Re: CumulusUtils CumulusRealTimeLocation

Post by rogerthn »

My cumulus Util files is in a "parallel folder" and I have CumulusRealTimeLocation=../weather/
Try with ../
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

The standard set up is for Cutils to be loaded in the /utils folder within the /CumulusMX folder. This will ensure that both systems talk to each other, including the Realtime uploads. I suspect that since you have them in separate structures Realtime updates will not work in CUtils without manually copying them, tedious in the extreme.
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Post by rogerthn »

AndyKF650 wrote: Sat 11 Jun 2022 11:57 am The standard set up is for Cutils to be loaded in the /utils folder within the /CumulusMX folder. This will ensure that both systems talk to each other, including the Realtime uploads. I suspect that since you have them in separate structures Realtime updates will not work in CUtils without manually copying them, tedious in the extreme.
There no need to copy them if you use CumulusRealTimeLocation=<relative path to realtime>
My CumulusMX is at https://rogerthn.se/weather_2021/index.htm
My CumulusUtils is at https://rogerthn.se/cumulusutils_2021/
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

GaxUser wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 9:01 pm I have the following directory structure:
webroot/WeatherMx - cumulusMx files and location of realtime.txt
webroot/WeatherMx/Util - cumulusUtil files

in the cumulusutils.ini I have:
CumulusRealTimeLocation=..\

The realtime info does not show on the utils website. If I manually copy the the realtime files from the WeatherMx directory to the Utils directory they work. What am I missing?
That should be OK. Maybe it should be '../' using the forward slash, that I am not sure. You are using Windows ?
Another issue maybe a typo somewhere?

GaxUser wrote: Fri 10 Jun 2022 9:01 pm As an aside I notice the cumulusMx disto has \Reports for the NOAA reports. In order to get reports to work I need to change the the noaa.txt file to use a capital R in reports. e.g.
- filename = '../reports/' + 'NOAAMO' + $(this).val() + $('#year').val().slice(2,4) + '.txt';
+ filename = '../Reports/' + 'NOAAMO' + $(this).val() + $('#year').val().slice(2,4) + '.txt';
notice as well the '../Reports/' path which correctly links the the report directory.
Change the CUtils parameter FTPDirectory in section [NOAA] to Reports (Wiki).
(the alternative method is to change the directory in CMX).
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
GaxUser
Weather Station: davis vp2
Operating System: windows

Post by GaxUser »

it was the slash. Thanks for the help.