Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Raspberry Pi help

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Weathermanrob
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry pi

Raspberry Pi help

Post by Weathermanrob »

Hi

Im new to all this and need help please

Originally I had the app installed on a pc but where it had to be on all the time, it didn’t work. So I bought a raspberry Pi and thought I could do the same.

I could be wrong but can you only install this app as an OS on RP or can you install it as an app?

Thanks
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Re: Raspberry Pi help

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi there

It is fairly easy to run CMX on a RPi the following link gives the technical detail
https://cumuluswiki.org/a/MX_on_Linux

Once you have your RPi operating system up and running you will need to install mono to enable the CMX software (windows based) to operate.

Once mono complete is installed, this is fairly slow so be patient, you can download and install CMX at the pi user level and hopefully if you browse to http://192.168.0.119:8998/ or your equivalent you will see the CMX desktop. You will need to get any data from your pc input to the RPi , I use VNC viewer from the pc to the RPi for internal data transfers and viewing.

When you have got CMX running as the internal data store and are comfortable with the RPi you can then set up external hosted web sites using CumulusUtils or the Cumulus basic website.

Overall it is great when it is running but the system does require some time and patience and the inevitable set backs before you reah the end.
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Re: Raspberry Pi help

Post by Gyvate »

you can install either a Linux based operating system on your RPi (that's the usual procedure) or install Windows 11 on a RPi (needs to be a RPi4B 4GB for Win11). Once you have the OS installed (whichever Debian, Raspian, Ubuntu ....) you can install CMX "as an app" on it. Description in the WiKi as @AndyKF650 already mentioned.

As you seem to have an Ecowitt station, you could keep on running it (CMX) on your PC.
From Version 3.16.0 on CMX can backfill data from the Ecowitt cloud when you restart your PC after a shutdown and then restart CMX.
Pre-requisite is that you have an account in the Ecowitt cloud (ecowitt.net) and have created a so-called API key and App key in your ecowitt.net dashboard (my devices).
As your console keeps on posting data into the Ecowitt cloud (provided this posting is activated), the data isn't lost and can be recovered by CMX into the CMX database when the PC starts again. 5 minute interval data will be available in the Ecowitt cloud for the past two months.