Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Fine Offset still locks up even though im using synchronized reads

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
bildrulle
Weather Station: Fine Offset WS1080
Operating System: RPI

Fine Offset still locks up even though im using synchronized reads

Post by bildrulle »

Hi, thanks for a nice product but I do still have problem with my Fine Offset WS1080. I have clicked in that it should do synchronized reads with 5s margin.
I have a SDR (Software Defined Radio) dongle so I can listen to the 868Mhz frequency and I can hear when it transmits. If I follow the debug log of CumulusMX I can see lines like:
Within 5 seconds of sensor data change, skipping read

But those does not appear at all in sync with when I hear the transmitter. What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Lars
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: Fine Offset still locks up even though im using synchronized reads

Post by ConligWX »

Fine Offset 1080 were well known for locking up and most were the USB lead. Make sure you use a lead with magnetic ferrite rings either end. you also may need to reset your 1080 console from time to time, they were known to freeze.

plenty of topics on the 1080's on this forum.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Fine Offset still locks up even though im using synchronized reads

Post by mcrossley »

bildrulle wrote: Tue 24 May 2022 5:38 pm I have a SDR (Software Defined Radio) dongle so I can listen to the 868Mhz frequency and I can hear when it transmits. If I follow the debug log of CumulusMX I can see lines like:
Within 5 seconds of sensor data change, skipping read

But those does not appear at all in sync with when I hear the transmitter. What am I doing wrong?
It's a long time since I looked at that code, but I'll give it a look over. From memory it reads the memory until it changes and uses that as the "avoid" time. I assume that coincides with the data being received, but maybe it doesn't.