Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weatherlink.com Upload to WOW

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Weatherlink.com Upload to WOW

Post by PaulMy »

I think this is fairly new, as just noticed Upload to WOW is now a WL.com option - 5, 15 or 60 minute options.
I haven't used it as still have it in CMX Third Party Uploads.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: Weatherlink.com Upload to WOW

Post by ConligWX »

nice feature however :) wonder if the Airlink data is sent too?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

Please be aware that WOW uploads direct from wl.com are very much still in beta and quite possibly not working as yet, which is why they've not been publicised yet. I'll aim to do some testing in the next day or two and report back. It is a feature that we've been asking for and trying to facilitate with the UKMO for some time, but a message asking me to test has literally only just reached me (one of my colleagues has been at Davis in California this week).
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

OK, an update as promised:

Uploads from weatherlink.com to WOW seem to be working (for me at least) over several days, apparently without missing any data.

However, there is seemingly an issue with (probably spurious) error messages being generated by the WOW server, which are still being investigated by Davis. Also, I haven't had chance to check that all the units conversions are being done accurately - not expecting any issues here but always good to confirm of course. So, for the time being, best to regard this still as very much a beta feature and not yet recommended for reliable general use.

In any event, I guess this is of largely academic interest here since AFAIK Cumulus does a good job of uploading to WOW anyway.

Edit: Oh and re the Airlink question: AFAIK WOW does not (currently at least) have a layer for AQ data so the question is really moot. If it is introduced at WOW then the Airlink data could in principle be added in - this data is present in the API v2 feed, but obviously only where the user has an AL installed on the same station.
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk