Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

longest Dry Period

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

Benji60
Weather Station: HP1000 Froggit Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

longest Dry Period

Post by Benji60 »

I have a question regarding dry days.
As soon as a day reaches even 0.1 mm, it is no longer considered dry except that often these 0.1 or 0.2 mm are caused by dew. I know that dew is a type of rain, but in concrete terms, can't we consider these values as negligible over 1 day to interrupt the number of days?
Just a detail ^^
thanks!

In french :
J'ai une question concernant les journées de sécheresse.
Dès qu'une journée atteint ne serait-ce que 0,1 mm, on ne la considère plus comme sèche sauf que souvent ces 0,1 ou 0,2 mm sont provoquées par la rosée. Je sais que la rosée est un type de pluie mais concrètement, mais ne peut on pas considérer ces valeurs comme négligeables sur 1 journée pour interrompre le nombre de jour ?
Juste un détail ^^
merci !
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: longest Dry Period

Post by HansR »

Benji60 wrote: Mon 02 May 2022 6:03 am I have a question regarding dry days.
As soon as a day reaches even 0.1 mm, it is no longer considered dry except that often these 0.1 or 0.2 mm are caused by dew. I know that dew is a type of rain, but in concrete terms, can't we consider these values as negligible over 1 day to interrupt the number of days?
Just a detail ^^
thanks!
When CUtils was created it was based on the Davis weather station which has a low limit of measurement of rain of 0.2 mm which appeared to be OK for the limit of counting as a rain day. The Ecowitt WH40 however has 0.1 mm as a limit of measurement. As CUtils counted larger than 0.0 as a rain day I recently changed that to larger than or equal to 0.2. That seems to work fine. So just upgrade to the latest version and that is solved I think.

The 0.1 measurement does appear in the YADR (it needs some kind of recognition ;) ) but is not counted as a rain day.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
Benji60
Weather Station: HP1000 Froggit Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: longest Dry Period

Post by Benji60 »

Thank you for the answer indeed I had not noticed that the new version manages this! Thank you !