Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Createmissing not finding solar data in monthly log file

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Grouper
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS Buster

Createmissing not finding solar data in monthly log file

Post by Grouper »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, I bought an Ecowitt HP2551 in early Feb this year to replace my simple La Crosse WS3500 which died after about 14 years service.

I've been impressed by the station and was delighted to see that Cumulus had recently been updated to cater for this type of station. I have found this forum very useful for setup tips.

I registered my station with Ecowitt, WU & WOW in early Feb so the station has uploading data since then.

I installed Cumulus MX (3.15.3 b3173) on my Raspberry Pi 4 very late on 26/3/22 so by the time I had gone through all the settings it actually started logging data on 27/3/22 but the "Records Began Date" is 26/3/22 and it's been running fine. I haven't ventured into creating a website yet so I'm just looking at the local admin interface.

Station Type is set to HTTP (Ecowitt) with logging interval of 5 mins.

I've spent quite a while reading the wiki and using the historic data exported from Ecowitt.net I created a csv file to match the format of the Mar22log.txt file. So far I have just added 1 day's worth of data from 26/3/22 to the start of the monthly file. All the fields are populated either using the exported data directly or using my calculations to derive the other fields. I couldn't seem to get Createmissing.exe to populate any of the derived fields for me but that's another story.

Example added line from monthly log file :-

26/03/22,11:00,15.6,47,4.3,2.3,8.1,79,0.0,0.0,1034.3,107.7,19.1,58,2.5,15.6,15.6,5,573,0.00,0.00,13.6,587,3.7,91,0.0,0.0,15.6,14.7
Note that I added the new lines into the monthly log file from within the Raspberry Pi using nano to edit. All looked OK with no strange characters or format issues compared to the entries created by Cumulus.

I ran Createmissing.exe (v1.2.0) which found that the dayfile entry for 26/3/22 was missing so created it OK. However I noticed that the High UV-I & High Solar Rad were 0 at 00:00 and the Total Hours of Sunshine was 0.0 which suggested that it hadn't read all of the monthly log file values. Using the built in Cumulus data log viewer/editor showed that all the fields in the added entries in the monthly log file looked good. Also all other fields apart from the solar entries in the dayfile entry looked good too.
Createmissing_log.txt
It seems to start creating the solar data from the monthly log file but doesn't say that it finished ! The solar entries seem to use a separate part of the Createmissing code to the other fields.

I'm hoping that you can point out what I may be doing wrong or have I discovered a bug ?

Many thanks,

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Createmissing not finding solar data in monthly log file

Post by mcrossley »

Dave, can you zip up all your monthly files and dayfile and I'll take a look.

Do you use midnight or 9am rollover?
Grouper

Post by Grouper »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, I've attached the monthly log files (Mar22 & Apr22) and the dayfile. Note that I have manually updated the dayfile entry for 26/3/22 to put the solar highs in for UV-I, Solar Rad & Sun Hours. I hope that it will still be useful.

I use midnight rollover.

Cheers,
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I finally got around to fixing this issue with the solar data. CreateMissing v1.2.1 is now available.!
Grouper

Post by Grouper »

Thanks Mark for finding time to investigate & put a fix in, appreciated.