Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Do any exist?

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Do any exist?

Post by Mapantz »

I'm currently logging grass temp, soil temp, soil moisture and leaf wetness to an SQL table, just for recent graphing purposes.

Does anyone know of a script, or have a way to log and extract daily highs/lows for that particular data? :geek:
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Do any exist?

Post by freddie »

I log the realtime values of some of those elements, and run a query at rollover to save values with their respective date/times to the day summary table.
Freddie
BeaumarisWX
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Hades Canyon

Post by BeaumarisWX »

freddie wrote: Thu 14 Apr 2022 11:33 am I log the realtime values of some of those elements, and run a query at rollover to save values with their respective date/times to the day summary table.
Hi Freddie,

I do the same as Mapantz just upload to MySql (I do have some views I have off the main upload, however your rollover query day summary sounds perfect, any chance you could share same, would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
Tony
Tony Beaumaris, Tasmania (AUS)

CMX Mobile : https://beaumaris-weather.com/BWX/
CMX Default: https://beaumaris-weather.com/cumulusmx_default/
Colour Dashboard : https://beaumaris-weather.com/dashborad_color.php
Click below for Saratoga Template :
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

BeaumarisWX wrote: Mon 18 Apr 2022 12:44 am
freddie wrote: Thu 14 Apr 2022 11:33 am I log the realtime values of some of those elements, and run a query at rollover to save values with their respective date/times to the day summary table.
Hi Freddie,

I do the same as Mapantz just upload to MySql (I do have some views I have off the main upload, however your rollover query day summary sounds perfect, any chance you could share same, would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Tony,

This is my end-of-day query:

Code: Select all

INSERT IGNORE INTO ExtraDayfile (LogDate,GrassMin,GrassMinTime,Depth30cmTemp) Values(str_to_date('<#metdateyesterday>', '%m/%d/%Y'), (select min(GrassTemp) from ExtraRealtime where LogDateTime >= str_to_date('<#metdateyesterday> 09:00:00', '%m/%d/%Y %H:%i:%s') and LogDateTime < str_to_date('<#shortyear>-<#month>-<#day> 09:00', '%Y-%m-%d %H:%i')), (select min(LogDateTime) from ExtraRealtime where GrassTemp = (select min(GrassTemp) from ExtraRealtime where LogDateTime >= str_to_date('<#metdateyesterday> 09:00:00', '%m/%d/%Y %H:%i:%s') and LogDateTime < str_to_date('<#shortyear>-<#month>-<#day> 09:00', '%Y-%m-%d %H:%i')) and LogDateTime >= str_to_date('<#metdateyesterday> 09:00:00', '%m/%d/%Y %H:%i:%s') and LogDateTime < str_to_date('<#shortyear>-<#month>-<#day> 09:00', '%Y-%m-%d %H:%i')), (select Depth30cmTemp from ExtraMonthly where LogDateTime = str_to_date('<#metdateyesterday> 09:00:00', '%m/%d/%Y %H:%i:%s')));
I have separate tables for my extra sensors data - ExtraRealtime, ExtraMonthly and ExtraDayfile. I roll over at 09:00. The query I run at rollover gets the lowest grass temperature and the time it occurred from the ExtraReatime table, and stores this in ExtraDayfile. It also gets the 30cm depth temperature at 09:00 and stores that in the same row.

You may not wish to do exactly the same operations, but this code could be used as a starting point.
Freddie