Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rolling 24 hour rainfall

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Rolling 24 hour rainfall

Post by flort »

Hi,

In the daily logs we capture Rainfall Total, High Hourly Rain, and High Rainfall Rate and record it in dayfile.txt and then have webtags for the records associated with them but for Rolling 24 Hour Rainfall we only have the r24hour webtag and don't capture these records anywhere.

I recently upgraded my weather station to a Davis Vantage Vue and notice in Weatherlink.com they have this metric in the month summary page. We had a recent rain event which highlighted how useful this metric might be. Rainfall over 3 days was 227mm, 304mm, and 106mm but if I calculate rolling 24 hour we reached 415mm. It gives a different perspective to the rainfall event and I thought others might see benefit in this being recorded.

Regards,
Trevor