Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Gina - Sad news that may shock some of you

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
malc-c
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY / WH1081
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Gina - Sad news that may shock some of you

Post by malc-c »

Hi,

It was reported on one of the other forums that Gina frequented (Stargazers Lounge) that Gina Davies had sadly passed away.

The alarm was raised after concerns that something was amiss as Gina stop posting on the forum mid topic, and didn't respond to PMs in the usual timely fashion, which was was very strange for Gina. Through various contacts a couple of the moderators managed to get someone in person to visit Gina's home in Devon, and on entering the building found her laying on the floor lifeless. The emergency services were contacted and sadly they confirmed Gina was dead.

Provisions have been made to look after her animals, and the coroner is now involved.

Gina was no spring chicken, but her mind was sharp, and found technology interesting. 3D printing was her latest toy, and she came up with some interesting concepts, such as her turreted telescope

She was active on this forum too, documenting project to improve the Maplin weather station and sensors.

I have no news on when the funeral will be, but people are looking at ways to contribute, either by flowers or support for the charities Gina was so enthusiastic about, and no doubt the thread on SGL will be updated on how that may take place. I'm sure those that knew Gina, either in person or virtually via the forums and PMs will join me in paying our respects (virtually)

RIP Gina
Regards

Malcolm
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Gina - Sad news that may shock some of you

Post by RayProudfoot »

I never chatted with her on this forum but it's always sad when one of those who has contributed so much here dies. My condolences to her family if she had any. :(
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

malc-c

Post by malc-c »

Hi Ray,

I believe she has a niece somewhere, but other than that she lived alone. Apparently the police are tracking down her family in order to inform them.

It is sad. I had many a conversation with Gina on electronics and things astronomy related. She even built her own observatory around the same time I built mine, which was amazing considering her age at the time.
Regards

Malcolm
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

The niece should be old enough to sort things out. I hope Gina made a Will otherwise handling the estate can be difficult.

I was into astronomy back in the 70s and had a 12” Newtonian reflector in my garden in Norwich. But moving to Cheshire and all the cloud killed it.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

She was very active in the Fine Offset Forum and contributed a lot to improving most of the sensors. Always had good ideas and was willing to share them. At over 1800 posts she was in the top 10 of posters on the forum and one of our outstanding contributors and was always willing to help.

R.I.P. Gina you will be greatly missed.
David
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I certainly remember Gina and all the bright ideas she brought forward and experimented, and never a negative!

RIP,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

geoffw
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by geoffw »

Can I add my condolences, I have known Gina (online) for many years and we found Steve's Forum and Cumulus at about the same time.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/3905 ... na-page-5/
Geoff
malc-c

Post by malc-c »

Geof and the team running SGL have bent the rules and provided details on how to make donations.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/3909 ... nterested/

It will only be up for a week or so, and if any members of this forum wish to donate then please do so sooner rather than later ;)
Regards

Malcolm