Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Configure Cumulusmx local webserver

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

andersondj
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7

Configure Cumulusmx local webserver

Post by andersondj »

I am running CumulusMX on a raspberry pi 4 and sending data to a commercial ISP by FTP.

I now wish to transfer my website to the raspberry pi's own Apache webserver.

I propose to transfer the website contents from the ISP to /var/www/html on the rapberry pi and then disable FTP on the CumulusMX internet settings.

How to I point the various datafiles (realtime, end of day .json files etc). to the /var/www/html directory?

I also have a number of Extra Web files. Again how to I re-point these to /var/www/html directory?

Any help would be appreciated.

David Anderson
Loughborough
SJG1976
Weather Station: Davis WLL, with Airlink
Operating System: Raspberry Pi3 MX on USB Drive

Re: Configure Cumulusmx local webserver

Post by SJG1976 »

Is the Raspberry Pi your going to be sending the files too, the same as the Raspberry Pi your running on.

If so I'd would just use the copy rather than an FTP Process.

I've a couple of Raspberry pi, and to send to a remote Raspberry Pi just changed the data from ftp to Sftp.

The only issue I run into was the NOAA Data but this was resolved by using the full /var/www/html/reports path rather than just /reports

However I think if your just doing it all on the one Raspberry Pi the local copy would be best.

I'm sure that is what Mark was running for a while so I'm sure he will advise as well
dane
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68700
Operating System: Win10 Ult., 64-bit, RaspberryPi

Post by dane »

If all you need is what you can see and do via the CumulusMX Dashboard you can do this:
- in your router, set up port forwarding of all 8998 traffic to your Pi
- in CumulusMX Settings, send all extra files to the /interface folder
No need for Apache or anything.
This works for me:
Only snag: you need a static internet address. I don't have one, but my internet provider changes the address very rarely, so it's almost like a static...
Ib
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

dane wrote: Tue 08 Feb 2022 8:02 pm If all you need is what you can see and do via the CumulusMX Dashboard you can do this:
- in your router, set up port forwarding of all 8998 traffic to your Pi
- in CumulusMX Settings, send all extra files to the /interface folder
No need for Apache or anything.

Only snag: you need a static internet address. I don't have one, but my internet provider changes the address very rarely, so it's almost like a static...
NO NO NO NO NO NO this is a very BAD idea as your entire CumulusMX set up is exposed to outside interference.

I have removed your links as I was able to access your CumulusMX settings and I could also edit your files!!!
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

SJG1976 wrote: Tue 08 Feb 2022 7:16 pm However I think if your just doing it all on the one Raspberry Pi the local copy would be best.

I'm sure that is what Mark was running for a while so I'm sure he will advise as well
It would, there is an option to copy rather than FTP the standard files, just use that. Any extra files just add them as usual, specify the local path you want them sent to in the remote path, and do not tick the FTP box.
andersondj

Post by andersondj »

Please clarify: When adding Extra Web Files there are to 2 input fields - Local File Name and Destination File. Where do I specify the remote path?

Also, the realtimegaugesT.txt and hence the copied realtimegauges.txt is no longer updating and instead producing empty files. I have ticked the option to process it. Is there an additional setting I need to enable?
andersondj

Post by andersondj »

I have resolved the remote location issue by prefixing the filename with its path.

I will re-submit my realtimegauges issue as a separate query.

David Anderson, Loughborough

www.eastleake-weather.org.uk