Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weathercloud application

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Weathercloud application

Post by bumpy »

Hello
Mistakenly it seems, I tried to connect Weathercloud with my existing Cumulus installation simply because I was fed up with Weather Underground advising me that I had no weather station, despite the fact that data continued to be accepted by WU and displayed. I thought Weathercloud would be a suitable relacement. I wish I had left well alone!
Despite carefully following setup instructions from both Cumulus Wiki and because I could not get Weathercloud to link, latterly, from several posts on Cumulus Support, I noticed that instructions slightly differed. Weathercloud instructions relating to linking problems suggested deleting the original Weathercloud folder from Cumulus and starting again. Herein lies the problem: despite whatever I do my PC refuses to delete the Weathercloud folder on the basis that ' a file is in use'. The only files within the folder are 1. Weathercloud application and 2. Weathercloudlogger. I can delete the logger file successfully but this relentlessly returns after a few minutes. Even in the short space of time when the logger file is deleted, when I attempt to delete the application file, I still get the message that 'a file is in use'.
I am now thoroughly irritated and all I want to do is delete Weathercloud permanently but whatever I do doesn't work.
Can anyone offer some simple advice on how to remove Weathercloud completely.
Many thanks.
Tony Waldren
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Weathercloud application

Post by HansR »

I don't know weathercloud but this sounds as if the application is started at boot time and therefore seems always running.
Could you check the startup of the machine (folder or whatever is used in Windows7 to start user applications).
Remove weathercloud from the startup sequence and it should be OK I guess.

If you can't find it, go to the task manager and stop the task.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Are you using Cumulus 1 or CumulusMX?
Cumulus 1 did not have built-in WC upload and with this you need to run a special program to upload to WC.
CumulusMX has built-in WC upload as part of the Third party uploads settings and that does not include running a program.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

bumpy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by bumpy »

Thank you to Paul and Hans for their replies. Following Hans' suggestion I looked in Task Manager and discovered 3 Weathercloud files which I deleted. I then returned to File Manager and was able to remove the Weathercloud folder. All is back to normal and I will consider migrating Cumulus1 to Cumulus MX.#
Again my thanks,
Tony