Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WS3085 wireless data transmission indication on Cumulus

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
VK3FFB
Weather Station: WS3085
Operating System: W10

WS3085 wireless data transmission indication on Cumulus

Post by VK3FFB »

I notice on Cumulus that the "New Record" indicator in the Status field is not blinking when I start Cumulus. The data is however transferred because I can see the indicators changing values.
Later on, the "New Record" indicator is blinking every second. I don't know what causes this and how to fix it.

Any advice or comment is welcome.
thanks
Dieter
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: WS3085 wireless data transmission indication on Cumulus

Post by PaulMy »

Later on, the "New Record" indicator is blinking every second. I don't know what causes this and how to fix it.
From the Cumulus 1 Help > The Main Window it says
The "New Record" light will flash when any of the all time records has been broken. Clicking on the light will open the All Time Records display.
The light will disappear after you click on the red light button, and return whenever there is a new record. In initial running Cumulus the records will be broken a lot. Actually, a nice feature.

Enjoy,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

VK3FFB
Weather Station: WS3085
Operating System: W10

Re: WS3085 wireless data transmission indication on Cumulus

Post by VK3FFB »

Well, that puts me where I belong :) I interpreted it as "new data record". I think the consistent blinking misled me.
thanks Paul
regards
Dieter