Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Urageuxy WS0300U

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Lord Beowulf
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2, Urageuxy WS
Operating System: Windows 10

Urageuxy WS0300U

Post by Lord Beowulf »

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this since I can't tell for sure that this station is a Fine Offset clone. The only thing that led me that way was that the instructions for weathercloud specified it as a FO WS series, but then had a note saying it didn't matter what you picked. I got this Urageuxy WS0300Uas a substitute for my ailing Davis Vantage Pro 2, at least long enough for me to get the Vantage refurbed. It actually has more features than the Vantage Pro but the weather vane location leaves something to be desired. This is a Wi-Fi based unit with limited configuration control from their web interface, but supports both Weather Cloud and Weather Underground directly. I found this thread on the TP3000C that I had hopes would let me configure it for Cumulus so I could get real-time data, but I can't get the WS View application to talk to it. Thus I'm not sure if it's a true clone of anything vs. just using the cloud APIs for the two services. I've investigated some and found a few other web page interfaces on the unit, but nothing that's useful. I've also sniffed packets and can see the once a minute traffic to Weather Cloud. I'm pretty sure I could add a custom route to my router to force those packets to my PC and then rig a way to read them (if Cumulus MX can't already do so) but before I go too much further down the rabbit hole, I thought I'd post here and see if anyone had any experience with this unit or one like it and could provide some guidance.

Thanks In Advance!

Beo