Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Year range for viewing data, ended in 2020

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Gordon-Loomberah
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar and UV
Operating System: Windows 10 home

Year range for viewing data, ended in 2020

Post by Gordon-Loomberah »

Does anyone know a way to view monthly data after Dec 2020 in Cumulus 1, to view monthly rainfall, temp range etc? The little scroll window only goes from 2000 to 2020, same thing for trying to view monthly NOAA reports. I'm trying to find a missing 20mm from my manually recorded rainfall for 2021, but searching through the 1 minute logs could take days.

Is there a way around this, or is it time to change weather software?
Loomberah Weather: http://gunagulla.com
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Year range for viewing data, ended in 2020

Post by PaulMy »

Yes, there is a Cumulus1 fix to go beyond 2020 https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Software
Cumulus 1
The installer for Cumulus 1 is available here: https://cumuluswiki.org/Downloads/cumulus.1099.2.zip

Cumulus 1099 installer.
Cumulus 1.9.4 build 1099.2 patch Patched version of one file (Cumulus.exe),
modifies the drop-down year selectors, (on "this period" screens, for NOAA reports, and for Snow Index).
The new year drop-down selectors will make it easier to choose date entries up to the year 2030 (updated 28 Jan 2020).
Note this is not the full installation package, just one file to replace the suite of files created by the installer, a patched .exe.
Without the patch, you can still enter any year, but you have to over-type with the full year yourself.
But using CumulusMX is another option ;)

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Gordon-Loomberah
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar and UV
Operating System: Windows 10 home

Post by Gordon-Loomberah »

Thanks Paul :) Yes it might be time for MX, although I haven't looked into how much work is required to bring all the data over.

>Without the patch, you can still enter any year, but you have to over-type with the full year yourself.

I tried that a few times, but it didn't work for me, not updating at all
Loomberah Weather: http://gunagulla.com
wetterfrosch1971
Weather Station: wh1080
Operating System: windows7

Post by wetterfrosch1971 »

if i use the new cumulus.exe file, the pages thisyear.htm, thismonth.htm, today.htm, yesterday.htm, gauges.htm and records.htm are empty on my homepage. if i look at the file size of these htm files on my webspace, it is 0kb.
where is the problem?

many thanks for help.
Frank
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

wetterfrosch1971 wrote: Wed 03 Aug 2022 11:30 am if i look at the file size of these htm files on my webspace, it is 0kb.
This has nothing to do with "ended in 2020", so you should have started a new topic, rather than reuse a subject that has nothing to do with your issue.

Steve Loft addressed your problem in his Cumulus 1 FAQ, (which I edited to be more comprehensive). Have you checked all the points in that answer?
wetterfrosch1971

It has to do with this topic, because if I use the new cumulus.exe, which will then run until 2030, the htm pages no longer work. If I use the old cumulus.exe again, which only works until 2020, then the htm pages will work again.
so the problem is apparently with the new cumulus.exe file published here in this topic.
Last edited by wetterfrosch1971 on Wed 03 Aug 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Odd because there are no changes to the code in the patch - I do not have the source code to do that. Only changes were made a resource module that contains the strings for the dialogs.
wetterfrosch1971

if i use the new cumulus.exe, the htm pages no longer work, they are sent to the webspace, but have 0kb and only a white empty page is displayed, i use the old cumulus.exe again, then everything works again.
I've tried this several times, every time I use the new cumulus.exe, the pages are empty afterwards.
can someone help me?
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi wetterfrosh1971,
This thread topic was initially about Cumulus1 not having data display from the program past 2020.
If your issue is with using the cumulus.exe from Cumulus 1.9.4 version 1099 patch 2 then you may need to recheck your download and how you have added. It has been working for me since 2020.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

wetterfrosch1971

I've downloaded here:
https://cumuluswiki.org/Downloads/cumulus.1099.2.zip

then i unpacked the file and replaced cumulus.exe in my cumulus program with this new cumulus.exe

Cumulus then works perfectly, i can now select from the year 2000-2030 in the history, the only problem now is that certain htm files arrive on my webspace, but no longer have any content (0kb).

Remarks:
I just saw that the original cumulus.exe which I use is version 1.9.4.1089, is the problem here? where can i find version 1.9.4.1099?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The 1099 download is here: https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Software#Cumulus_1

And yes, you need to be updating a 1099 install, there may well be issues updating earlier versions with the patch.
wetterfrosch1971

If I install the new setup, will it overwrite my entire current cumulus program? i.e. all settings and data that I have created are gone afterwards? i have rewritten my cumulus webpage to german, will this data be gone after installing the new setup?
sfws

Post by sfws »

Your data is kept when upgrading Cumulus.
Your existing settings are generally not overwritten, but in the 10 releases between 1089 and 1099 there were some new features, listed in the changes txt file of 1099 package.

One change relates to providing in settings a choice for encoding, that is what gave you zero sized web pages as per that FAQ, that you were asked to read. You will not need to edit your German tailoring of the templates, but you will need to adjust some settings to match your existing web templates, by following the instructions in that FAQ or elsewhere in the Wiki.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
If I install the new setup, will it overwrite my entire current cumulus program? i.e. all settings and data that I have created are gone afterwards? i have rewritten my cumulus webpage to german, will this data be gone after installing the new setup?
As sfws said, but be aware that if you update in the same C:\Cumulus folder the existing C:\Cumulus\web\ standard files will be replaced (if I recall correctly, the install asks if you want to replace them. If you have modified any of these files like you may have for the Language change, you will not want to update them.)

Better safe than sorry, BACKUP before you update - your full C:\Cumulus folder!

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

sfws

Post by sfws »

As Paul suggests, when you run the 1099 installer you see a "components screen", remove the tick next to "HTML templates" to keep your existing templates with their German.

After upgrade, in the Configuration menu, Internet option, Sites/Option tab, look for Web Settings frame (top centre), remove the tick next to UTF-8 encode to keep your existing templates with their German (I am assuming your web templates do not contain <meta charset="UTF-8"> near start of each file).