Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Missing graphs using home NAS website

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

novawx
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Missing graphs using home NAS website

Post by novawx »

I recently moved my website from 1and1 Ionos to my home NAS. I downloaded all files and folders from 1and1 to my NAS to keep the file paths the same. My gauges are working properly at this URL: http://willowsfordfarmweather.dscloud.m ... gauges.php but I'm getting an error when I mouse over to display the graphs:

Unable to find JPGraph FIles
/var/services/web/jpgraph-4.2.10/src

In graphsconf.php my paths are:
$hostloc = "${WEBROOT}/";
$jploc = "${WEBROOT}/jpgraph-4.2.10/src/";

I'm not sure why the path includes /var/services/web but I tried manually adding those folders and copy jpgraph-4.2.10/src into the path but the error is the same.

Any suggestions how to get the graphs working again and how to fix the path error?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Missing graphs using home NAS website

Post by freddie »

novawx wrote: Wed 03 Nov 2021 8:01 pm I recently moved my website from 1and1 Ionos to my home NAS. I downloaded all files and folders from 1and1 to my NAS to keep the file paths the same. My gauges are working properly at this URL: http://willowsfordfarmweather.dscloud.m ... gauges.php but I'm getting an error when I mouse over to display the graphs:

Unable to find JPGraph FIles
/var/services/web/jpgraph-4.2.10/src

In graphsconf.php my paths are:
$hostloc = "${WEBROOT}/";
$jploc = "${WEBROOT}/jpgraph-4.2.10/src/";

I'm not sure why the path includes /var/services/web but I tried manually adding those folders and copy jpgraph-4.2.10/src into the path but the error is the same.

Any suggestions how to get the graphs working again and how to fix the path error?
The path includes /var/services/web as that is what the value of the variable ${WEBROOT} is at execution time. Is /var/service/web the root of your web site? If not, then you should find out why it is being set to that value. When you have sorted that out (and provided you have copied jpgraph files to ${WEBROOT}) then you should have solved your error.
Freddie
novawx

Post by novawx »

The top-level (root) of my server is \\servername\home\www by default on a Synology NAS. I have my jpgraph folder in two locations. First it was in this path: \\servername\home\www\jpgraph-4.2.10\src but I also manually created the path \\servername\home\www\var\services\web\jpgraph-4.2.10\src to satisfy what $[WEBROOT] was indicating the path should be. When my website was hosted by 1and1, jpgraph-4.2.10 was in the root directory. So, I don't know why $[WEBROOT] thinks the path should include \var\services\web. All I did was copy all files/folders and the existing structure from 1and1 to my NAS in \\servername\home\www. Everything transitioned perfectly except jpgraphs. Frustrating...
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

you root folder is:

/volume1/homes/thunder/www
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

The path to the jpgraph folder is set in the graphSettings.php file which is usual in the images folder.

Code: Select all

$GRAPH['jpgraphloc']     = '../jpgraph/'; // Path to jpgraph, or put it in your PHP path 
David
novawx

Post by novawx »

I can't find a graphSettings.php file anywhere on my server. How would I acquire that file? Since the graphs were working on 1and1 and I copied all files from there to my NAS, that file should've been copied with everything else. My images folder doesn't have any .php files and there is no images folder within the jpgraphs download.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Unless there is different version that I do not know about that doesn't use PHP the files are available here https://github.com/mcrossley/Cumulus-MX-Gauge-Graphs/
David
novawx

Post by novawx »

Ah, I found it. I had been on Mark's github page a week or so ago and he says most of the settings are in the graphSettings.php script but I didn't see how to download the file but then just realized it was in the SQL folder. I also figured out how to download the entire zip file. Oddly, I had not done this previously and it was all working when I was hosting on 1and1. I don't use Cumulus-MX for my website, I use Saratoga Weather templates. So, maybe just for the Steel Gauge chart displays I don't need all the Cumulus files. But thanks again for the info and I'll keep working at it!
novawx

Re: Missing graphs using home NAS website - SOLVED

Post by novawx »

I figured out that /var/services/web on a Synology NAS is the folder /web. Top level folders on the NAS are /home, /homes, /music, /photo, /video, /web, /web_packages, and /www. So I put the folders /jpgraph-4.2.10/src in /web. But that generated new errors indicating the text files clientrawextra.txt, clientrawhour.txt, and clientraw.txt were missing. Of course those files were already in /www with the rest of the website files but they also needed to be in /web. Luckily, Weather Display has an alternate ftp setup that allows sending files to a second server, or in this case, a different folder (/web) on the same server. So, in WD, from Control Panel, select FTP & Connections METAR/NOAA, then under the General FTP Functions tab, complete the required info for the ftp server in the lower left box, click the "Choose the file" button to add the files to ftp, select the times to upload, then turn the switch to "On" and Save changes. Now I need to figure out where the graphs are being created so I can customize the graphs to change the line color, thickness, etc. Setting up the gauges and graphs was a lot easier when I was hosting on 1and1 but now I can host for free on my NAS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.