Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

HP2551 Weather Station

GW1000 WiFi gateway
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

HP2551 Weather Station

Post by water01 »

I now have this working reliably via HTTP and it is proving to be a good replacement for my old WH1080.

On looking at the station in detail it has 16MB of internal memory and an SD card that is used for backups.

The 16MB of internal memory is obviously being used as a logger as I can view all the history since I started using it in five minute intervals (currently 9827 occurrences).

My question is (and it's obviously for Mark) is it possible to used that stored data as logged data in the event of a computer failure as per the old memory logger in the WH1080 i.e. on start up recognising there is data held in the logger not processed by MX and downloading it to bring it up to date.

Willing to be a test subject if you need one Mark!!
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: HP2551 Weather Station

Post by mcrossley »

Not currently, and as afaik there is no mechanism for accessing those logs other than removing the SD card and moving it to a computer to read it?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Ok thanks Mark, thought there might be a protocol as there is obviously something written into the firmware as that is capable of scrolling the logs and accessing them at a nominated page or position.

You never know Ecowitt may make it available some time!!
David
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

water01 wrote: Fri 08 Oct 2021 8:08 pm Ok thanks Mark, thought there might be a protocol as there is obviously something written into the firmware as that is capable of scrolling the logs and accessing them at a nominated page or position.

You never know Ecowitt may make it available some time!!
The HP2551 console stores the logged basic sensor data (solar, uv, outdoor T/H, indoor T/H, wind, rain, air pressure) in its internal memory.
When you insert a proper (FAT32, SDHC type) microSD card, it will also save the basic and extra sensor (separate file) data as CSV files on the microSD.
You can also backup your internal memory data to the microSD.

But there is no way to directly access the data either in memory or on the SD.

Some users have developed a strategy with two SD cards switching them and reading and processing the data of the offline SD on a PC.

There is another workaround though:
the so-called FOSHKplugin (running on Linux-based PCs only, like a Raspberry Pi) can receive the console data via the console's customized server function
and not only redistribute them in different protocols to up to 50 recipients like CMX but also save the received data as CSV files.
If you are using the custom server function already to connect to CMX, you can use the FOSHKplugin as "man in the middle".
HP2551 --> FOSHKplugin ---> CMX (and others, each recipient can have its own data format [protocol])
One way of looking at FOSHKplugin is extending the one customer server per console limit to up to 50.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=39625.0