Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Graphs for extra sensors

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
Dador
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus & Ecowitt
Operating System: Windows 10

Graphs for extra sensors

Post by Dador »

I dream of being able to plot additional sensors in CMX. Whether it's Davis or Ecowitt, they offer a wide range of external sensors. I myself have a Davis with soil sensors, and a GW1000 with 8 T / H sensors, a discharge detector. I would like to see charts for each sensor where trends can be observed and indications can be compared. I have been using Cumulus v1 for 10 years. It is a great program for archiving, graphical presentation and analysis of weather data from stations. The recently added ability to collect data in CMX simultaneously with Davis and Ecowitt is amazing :!: It's a great job. To my full happiness, the only thing I miss is that CMX graphs each sensor and that I can upload them to the website. Currently, this is the function of CumulusUtils (bravo HansR), but I would like it to be done by CumulusMX. It would be fantastic. :D
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Graphs for extra sensors

Post by HansR »

Dador wrote: Sat 18 Sep 2021 11:56 am I dream of being able to plot additional sensors in CMX. Whether it's Davis or Ecowitt, they offer a wide range of external sensors. I myself have a Davis with soil sensors, and a GW1000 with 8 T / H sensors, a discharge detector. I would like to see charts for each sensor where trends can be observed and indications can be compared. I have been using Cumulus v1 for 10 years. It is a great program for archiving, graphical presentation and analysis of weather data from stations. The recently added ability to collect data in CMX simultaneously with Davis and Ecowitt is amazing :!: It's a great job. To my full happiness, the only thing I miss is that CMX graphs each sensor and that I can upload them to the website. Currently, this is the function of CumulusUtils (bravo HansR), but I would like it to be done by CumulusMX. It would be fantastic. :D
Well, thank you for the compliment and of course it is legitimate to ask for similar functionality in CMX. However I would like to point out one feature specifically which is somewhat underestimated but especially interesting if you only want the charts.

The ChartsCompiler of CumulusUtils is able to create independently only the charts you need which can combine all plotvariables in any way you choose (as long as the timerange of the datasets is the RECENT / EXTRA (so: not the historical data). Default the charts for the ExtraSensors are grouped in blocks (so all AQ sensors are in one chart and so are all SoilMoisture sensors). But once you understand how it works, just switch off this default chart creation and make them yourself creating any combination of any parameter into any chart you wish.The only thing you need to do is use CumulusUtils to actually create and upload the datafiles required for those sensors (with the command parameter UserAskedData).

You can use the resulting charts standalone (you could also make just one local page and load the charts in it without any website), in your own website of wherever you want.

Duplicating this technique into CMX no doubt can be done, but why would you? Does it give you some feel good guarantee?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3