Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi

Both interfaces are working correctly here. Can you zip up and send me your 'MainMenu.html' and 'thirdparty.html' page so I can check them.

Neil.
yamen wrote: Thu 09 Dec 2021 4:27 pm Updated cumulusmx and ai.cmx and everything is working except i can't access third party uploads setting page ,the same page is accessible from the official interface.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
Mapantz
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

NeilThomas wrote: Thu 09 Dec 2021 4:26 pm Hi

No. I do not use cookies but you do need to use the button 'Use as default' on the Theme page to make the theme load after you have closed the tab / browser. The downside for this is that if you use a different browser, the theme will revert but the upside is you are not posting information back and for for no reason.

Neil
haha - I totally missed that! Thanks. :)
yamen
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68750
Operating System: windows 10/Raspbian bullseye

Post by yamen »

NeilThomas wrote: Thu 09 Dec 2021 4:35 pm Hi

Both interfaces are working correctly here. Can you zip up and send me your 'MainMenu.html' and 'thirdparty.html' page so I can check them.

Neil.
yamen wrote: Thu 09 Dec 2021 4:27 pm Updated cumulusmx and ai.cmx and everything is working except i can't access third party uploads setting page ,the same page is accessible from the official interface.
My weather station is on a remote location and i use a smatphone with teamviewer to get access to the raspberry pi running cumulusmx,so the problem may be in the MobileMenu.html

Code: Select all

<a href="#" class="w3-bar-item w3-btn w3-theme-hvr ai-slim ai-subMenu">Thirt party uploads</a>
that should be

<a href="thirdpartysettings.html" class="w3-bar-item w3-btn w3-theme-hvr ai-slim ai-subMenu">Thirt party uploads</a>
I will try that later and post feedback
Edit: This change fixed the problem
Software: CumulusMX build 3248
Hardware: Raspberry pi zero W
Weather station: Rosenborg 68750 (wh1090 clone).
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

yamen wrote: Thu 09 Dec 2021 10:14 pm

Neil.
My weather station is on a remote location and i use a smatphone with teamviewer to get access to the raspberry pi running cumulusmx,so the problem may be in the MobileMenu.html

<a href="#" class="w3-bar-item w3-btn w3-theme-hvr ai-slim ai-subMenu">Thirt party uploads</a>
that should be

<a href="thirdpartysettings.html" class="w3-bar-item w3-btn w3-theme-hvr ai-slim ai-subMenu">Thirt party uploads</a>
Oops. :bash: Thanks for finding that out. I'm impressed that you use a phone to configure your station. I will update the zip file and make sure that this omission is corrected.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
yamen
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68750
Operating System: windows 10/Raspbian bullseye

Post by yamen »

NeilThomas wrote: Fri 10 Dec 2021 11:35 am
yamen wrote: Thu 09 Dec 2021 10:14 pm

Neil.

that should be

Oops. :bash: Thanks for finding that out. I'm impressed that you use a phone to configure your station. I will update the zip file and make sure that this omission is corrected.

Neil
Thanks for the quick answer, i'm using a phone because the weather station is in my farm 50 km away from my home and i can access the phone remotely using teamviewer host and use the phone to access any device connected to the same local network including the raspberry pi running cumulsmx.
Software: CumulusMX build 3248
Hardware: Raspberry pi zero W
Weather station: Rosenborg 68750 (wh1090 clone).
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,

Posting this here in case you don't see my original query. I went with a Pro Subscription on Weatherlink.com and entered my API details in Cumulus but when I restart Cumulus it doesn't see the details. Mark suggested I might not be saving my changes and to check the Cumulus.ini file. The ini file did not have any details so I tried again and saved but still no details showed up. I then made the changes using the default Interface and changes were posted to the Cumulus.ini file.

In the Alternative Interface I receive a message saying changes have been saved so you might like to check why the changes aren't being posted.

Regards,
Trevor
flort

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,

One more issue I've found is updating using the Records Editor. I try and change a value and receive the following -
Records Editor.jpg
The above was using this Month's Records Editor.

Regards,
Trevor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

flort wrote: Wed 15 Dec 2021 12:15 am Hi Neil,

One more issue I've found is updating using the Records Editor. I try and change a value and receive the following -

Records Editor.jpg

The above was using this Month's Records Editor.

Regards,
Trevor
Hi Trevor

I have a fix for you. I omitted to make the api calls inside the table use the interface root. I.e they should all look like the code below:

<td id="highTempVal" data-pk="1" data-type="text" data-url="/api/edit/thismonth" data-title="Enter new high temp value" class="column-right"></td>
<td id="highTempTime" data-pk="2" data-type="text" data-url="/api/edit/thismonth" data-title="Enter new high temp date/time"></td>
Yet another oversight on my part :bash: .

This file has a corrected version of the page:
thismonthrecseditor.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
flort

Post by flort »

Thanks Neil. All good now.

Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Following on from Marks upgrade to build 3160, the changes are now implemented in this version of the AI.
ai-cmx-Latest.zip
Neil
Neil Thomas
griffo42
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

I may have missed any instructions but is there any way, apart from editing each of the relevant html files, to exclude the presentation of solar data blocks/gauges. I have no sensors for this information having only a stock standard Davis VP2.
Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Sat 01 Jan 2022 5:19 am I may have missed any instructions but is there any way, apart from editing each of the relevant html files, to exclude the presentation of solar data blocks/gauges. I have no sensors for this information having only a stock standard Davis VP2.
Keith
Hi Keith

I think you'll find that all blocks are shown in the default Interface as well as the AI. The reason is that if / when you upgrade or expand your system, you don't really want to have to go back and edit the Interface just to see that the device(s) are working correctly. You can turn off the solar / UV gauge by editing the gauges.js file - this is documented in the wiki somewhere.

Having said that, if you do want to edit the html code all that is required is a style 'w3-hide' to be added to each block that you don't want to see. It may be something that I can add to the AI as a separate configuration option that I am looking at for future releases.

Neil
Neil Thomas
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

You could look at the graph config file via the local API to see what values are enabled.
griffo42

Post by griffo42 »

Hi Neil

Thanks for your prompt reply.
NeilThomas wrote: Sat 01 Jan 2022 10:42 am You can turn off the solar / UV gauge by editing the gauges.js file
I have done this by "remming out" the relevant 4 lines in this file.
NeilThomas wrote: Sat 01 Jan 2022 10:42 am if you do want to edit the html code all that is required is a style 'w3-hide' to be added to each block that you don't want to see
I have done this in the relevant files and it works well. :D :D

Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
griffo42

Post by griffo42 »

Mark

Thanks for your advice.
mcrossley wrote: Sat 01 Jan 2022 3:36 pm You could look at the graph config file via the local API to see what values are enabled.
Values for solar have not been enabled in my set up.

Keith
Keith