Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi folks

Following on from the latest ai.cmx build, I have made a small number of changes to three files and the readme text.

The 'Show Davis Info' button now latches between sessions so if you leave it hidden, it stays hidden - (for those of you who don't use Davis Stations.)

As pointed out below, the Davis stats were being updated far too frequently so now they update every minute. The same is true for notifications of new records. The Temperature, Winds, Rainfall and Pressure panels on the dashboard will pulsate when a new record is recorded. Hopefully it isn't too striking and won't distract you.

Finally, the 'Readme' document includes details about the styling of units on the Data Logs pages (all three). Those of you not using metric units will need to edit all three pages.
ai.cmx.zip
Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
oldeflyer
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4 Bookworm Linux

Post by oldeflyer »

Just found this thread and thought I would give this interface a try.

Is the post from Fri 04 Feb 2022 11:19 am the correct one to use?

I have read the entire thread and there are MANY downloadable files.
Just want to make sure I get the latest and greatest. :)
Wayne
oldeflyer
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4 Bookworm Linux

Post by oldeflyer »

Read the readme file from the most recent zip file and I want to change the metric units to inches/Fahrenheit...etc. for the log editors.
I am not a web designer or coder. I can do wonders with Fortran though. :)

What file do I edit?

Wayne
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

oldeflyer wrote: Thu 31 Mar 2022 7:16 pm Just want to make sure I get the latest and greatest.
It may be easier to check the download link in the Wiki page by Neil Thomas.
That confirms you have found latest link. That Wiki page contains a lot of useful guidance, although I did not spot anything about changing units!
The most recent forum post by Neil does tell you that you must edit 3 files to change away from metric units, so read that post again.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

For this of you using the AI you will need to update the AI to. The latest build is on the wiki. This enables you to edit the records pages in the same way as the default interface.

Enjoy

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

NeilThomas wrote: Fri 17 Jun 2022 2:04 pmFor this of you using the AI you will need to update the AI to.
I think you meant that to end with 'too', not 'to' and to type 'those', not 'this'.
Anyway, I gather you meant (in my words) "If you are a AI user, I have released an updated AI version reflecting changes in new MX release".
NeilThomas wrote: Fri 17 Jun 2022 2:04 pmThis enables you to edit the records pages in the same way as the default interface.
This suggests the only changes you have made in your new release relates to the new pop-up for extreme record editing pages.

Can I draw your attention to the following in Mark's release announcement for his MX 3190:
Weather Diary editor changed to improve accessibility of the Date Picker
Anyone who uses the weather diary may have noticed that when you first install 3190, a routine in MX actually reads old diary file, then creates a new diary file (with same file name, but obviously some changes to content in database table within file). In my case, my MXDiags file discloses this.
Mark's announcement does not give any precise details, but you definitely need to rewrite your action taking script weathereditor.js (which you do not seem to have edited), at the very least.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

sfws wrote: Fri 17 Jun 2022 9:05 pm
NeilThomas wrote: Fri 17 Jun 2022 2:04 pmFor this of you using the AI you will need to update the AI to.
I think you meant that to end with 'too', not 'to' and to type 'those', not 'this'.
Anyway, I gather you meant (in my words) "If you are a AI user, I have released an updated AI version reflecting changes in new MX release".
NeilThomas wrote: Fri 17 Jun 2022 2:04 pmThis enables you to edit the records pages in the same way as the default interface.
This suggests the only changes you have made in your new release relates to the new pop-up for extreme record editing pages.

Can I draw your attention to the following in Mark's release announcement for his MX 3190:
Weather Diary editor changed to improve accessibility of the Date Picker
Anyone who uses the weather diary may have noticed that when you first install 3190, a routine in MX actually reads old diary file, then creates a new diary file (with same file name, but obviously some changes to content in database table within file). In my case, my MXDiags file discloses this.
Mark's announcement does not give any precise details, but you definitely need to rewrite your action taking script weathereditor.js (which you do not seem to have edited), at the very least.
Hi

Thanks for your observations. I had indeed missed this change and although the current update to the AI reads new and existing diary entries, it doesn't post new ones. :oops:

I will address this issue in the coming days and provide a solution.

Neil
Neil Thomas
meteo54
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro+weatherlink.li
Operating System: windows 11

Post by meteo54 »

how french cumulusmx

Thanks in advance

https://www.meteoseichamps.fr/CumulusMX/
meteo54
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro+weatherlink.li
Operating System: windows 11

Post by meteo54 »

problem partially solved
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

meteo54 wrote: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:28 am problem partially solved
Hi all

The latest release of the AI now includes changes to the Weather Diary page so that it works correctly on all screen sizes. Please upload it from the Wiki
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all AI users

I see that Mark has released an update; build 3191 that, corrects a number of issues raised in build 3190.

I suspect that I will need to update the AI to make use of these. Unfortunately, I will not be tackling this for at least a week as I am recovering from surgery. I will generate an update just as soon as I am able.

Neil
Neil Thomas
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Neil... wishing you a good and quick full recovery. We can wait!

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I realise you are recovering Neil, but just to let you know that the alt interface is no longer working with build 3194. No data populated to the interface at all.

Ran the development console and I am getting 404 - file not found on wsport.json and alarms.json, so obviously Mark changed something in this build.
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The only thing that changed was adding the IsRaining alarm status to the alarms.json and the websocket data. That does require an update to dashboard.js and index.html to add the new alarm details in.

Those files you are getting a 404 on are unchanged (other than alarams.json content), the default dashboard uses both of them as well.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I am also seeing issues with the ai.cmx interface in two separate installs. Dashboard has no data, some issues in Gauges - i.e. dewpoint and UV index are 0, NOAA reports don't shw or populate, menus sometimes disappear.

All seems good with the standard interface.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm