Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

The latest release of the AI2 is here. It is designed for CumulusMX build3241. Don't use unless you have upgraded CumulusMX.
AI2.zip
I have made some changes as required for the latest build of CumulusMX and fixed some issues including units on the edit logs pages.

Enjoy

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Hello Neil,

Great work as usual. Hide Alarms is not setting the cookie so it shows on every refresh of the dashboard.
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

water01 wrote: Fri 28 Apr 2023 4:37 pm Hello Neil,

Great work as usual. Hide Alarms is not setting the cookie so it shows on every refresh of the dashboard.
Hi.

Don't know why this should don't be working as it does on my system. I don't use cookies for this though, I use local storage so it might be due to your browser. If you are using an old system to view your dashboard, it may not support local storage. You can check this by viewing the console - it should display a message if local storage is available or not.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
water01

Post by water01 »

Using the latest version of Edge. I assume you mean the F12 Developers Console, but I cannot see anything other than disabling cache while the console is loaded. Any clues?
David
Mapantz
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

The hide alarms has never worked for me. As soon as I refresh the page, they are visible again.

Regards to local storage; The Davis info hides fine, just not alarms.
EA3CH
Weather Station: DAVIS Vantage VUE
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by EA3CH »

The NOAA Yearly report does not work with Alternative CumulusMX Interface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Mapantz wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 9:36 am The hide alarms has never worked for me. As soon as I refresh the page, they are visible again.

Regards to local storage; The Davis info hides fine, just not alarms.
Hi all

The 'Alarms' panel has never been set to stay hidden if you do a page refresh. Only the 'Davis' data will do this. If you want the alarms panel to stay hidden I can add that functionality in the next release. I didn't do it by default as I felt that you would want to know immediately if an alarm has been triggered. If it is hidden, you won't see it until you re-display the alarms panel. (As I use Safari as my default browser, the alarm sound/text never works on my system anyway).

Neil
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

EA3CH wrote: Sat 01 Jul 2023 9:56 am The NOAA Yearly report does not work with Alternative CumulusMX Interface.
This usually implies that the report was not found. The API should look in the default location for the report - if it's not there or not accessible, then this error will occur. If the default Interface returns the report then please check that the noaayearreports.js script has not been corrupted. If it has then download the AI again and just copy the appropriate javascript file to the correct location.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
EA3CH
Weather Station: DAVIS Vantage VUE
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by EA3CH »

The problem is in the menu of the years. It is impossible to select the year. (look the screenshot). With the original interface it works perfectly.

The report is found and shown with the original interface.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

EA3CH wrote: Sat 01 Jul 2023 10:41 am The problem is in the menu of the years. It is impossible to select the year. (look the screenshot). With the original interface it works perfectly.

The report is found and shown with the original interface.
Hi

The Years selector generates its content from the Records Began date automatically. If it is not generating any years to select then it is to do with a function in the noaayearreports.js script. This should look like:

Code: Select all

$.ajax({
        url: "/api/tags/process.json?recordsbegandate",
             dataType: "json"
        })
        .done(function (result) {
            var now = new Date();
            // subtract 1 day
            now.setTime(now.getTime()-(1*24*3600000));
            var yr = now.getFullYear();
            var start = result.recordsbegandate.split(" ")[2];

for (var i = yr; i >= start; i--) {
                $('#datepicker').append($('<option>', {
                    value: i,
                    text: i
                }));
            }

load();
        });
    });
If your code looks like this then it should work as this is a direct copy of the default script modified only to include the leading '/' in the api calls. If your code doesn't look like this then there is probably an issue with the script and you should re-download it to replace it.

Please also make sure that the noaayearreport.html page is calling this script and not the default one. Line 34 of this page should look like this:

Code: Select all

<script src="js/noaayearreports.js"></script>
Note that there is NO leading '/' in the src.

Neil
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

Just a heads up for the up next release, I am working on solving a number of issues with the current AI while trying to accommodate changes that are in the pipeline. I am making the layout much better at being responsive - especially the fonts which now change smoothly and only marginally in size and addressing accessibility features.

I have reworked the themes (which will also be compatible with the upcoming alternative public website). These are also moving into their own folder to make managing all styles easier. I am also making sure that the same styling structures are used across both sites. There will also be more user configuration options.

I know that Mark is working on a new release which will add some additional features but it is unlikely that my update will be ready when that is. I will try to publish fixes so that users of the AI can use these features but my main priority is making sure that the AI is fully accessible.

Neil
Neil Thomas
water01

Post by water01 »

Neil just thought I would mention something that happened yesterday. I am using the Slate Grey theme, and I went to add an additional file upload in Extra Web Files.

When I went to add a file in Local or Remote filename it is defaulting to a white font in a white box, hence you cannot see your entry. If you come out of the box because it defaults to white on grey you can see what you entered, but go back into the box everything disappears again!! Makes it hard to edit a line!!
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

water01 wrote: Thu 05 Oct 2023 9:39 pm Neil just thought I would mention something that happened yesterday. I am using the Slate Grey theme, and I went to add an additional file upload in Extra Web Files.

When I went to add a file in Local or Remote filename it is defaulting to a white font in a white box, hence you cannot see your entry. If you come out of the box because it defaults to white on grey you can see what you entered, but go back into the box everything disappears again!! Makes it hard to edit a line!!
Hi David, I’ll take a look at that but it should be just a case of adding a theme colour to the input box.
Neil

Hi David

I've had a look and using that theme I get dark text in a white box. I am updating the themes so if you canning on then I will make sure there are no issues in the new system.

Neil
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

Further to Mark releasing the latest version of CumulusMX, version 3.27.0 build 3256, here is the accompanying AI to go with it.

https://www.cumuluswiki.org/a/File:AI2.zip

Please not that this is ONLY for builds 3256 and above and it will NOT work on previous versions.

This version comes with its own set of themes (only partially compatible with previous releases), and fixes to the various issues with fonts, and dark mode buttons on the record editor page. It also doesn't load the Davis Panel if you don't use a Davis weather station and all graphs and record editor pages remember the graph/year/month you were on last in the current browsing session.

As always, if there are any issues that I have missed, please let me know.

Neil
Neil Thomas
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

Just tried this out and it works fine now I've cleared the cache :roll: Just one thing on the Extra Sensors page you've left the 'e' off Dioxide displays as Dioxid ;)

Stuart