Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Post by NeilThomas »

Mapantz wrote: Tue 09 Aug 2022 6:59 pm
mcrossley wrote: Tue 09 Aug 2022 5:36 pm The all time page is missing the X-editable.css file. The class name in the HTML should be "loading-overlay" not "Loading-overlay"
Yep - all good now!
Thanks on both counts Mark. Please put that down to post operation confusion.

The download below includes this fix by Mark so that the current version of the AI works correctly.
ai.cmx-b3196.zip
Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
griffo42
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

NeilThomas wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 8:52 am
griffo42 wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 7:13 am
NeilThomas wrote: Tue 01 Feb 2022 8:43 am
No, you can always still use the ‘w3-hide’ on any aspect of the site that you don’t want to be visible.
As I don't have solar sensors does the above still apply to the latest version of ai.cmx?

Keith
Hi Keith

The style 'w3-hide' can be used with any html element to hide it on all screen sizes. However, be aware that with gauges you need to hide the entire block. Just hiding the canvas may not work as expected. You should edit the gauges.js file to turn off any gauge you don't need.

There are three other variations - 'w3-hide-small', 'w3-hide-medium' and 'w3-hide-large' that can be used to selectively hide an element on different sized screens. This is for info only as in the above case you just don't have solar sensors.

Neil
This my attempt at hide in index.html: obviously there is and error on my part. Help please.

<!-- <div class="w3-container w3-theme-l5 w3-center w3-border w3-theme-bdr ai-quarters ai-flex-item" style="order:10;"> -->
<div class="w3-container w3-theme-l5 w3-center w3-border w3-theme-bdr ai-quarters ai-flex-item" style="w3-hide">
<h4>Solar</h4>
<p>Radiation&nbsp;<span id="SolarRad" class="reading">---.-</span>&nbsp;W/m<sup>2</sup></p>
<p><span>High&nbsp;</span><span id="HighSolarRadToday" class="high">--.-</span>&nbsp;W/m<sup>2</sup><span class="ai-at-time" id="HighSolarRadTodayTime">--:--</span></p>
<p>UV Index&nbsp;<span id="UVindex" class="reading">--</span></p>
<p><span>High&nbsp;</span><span id="HighUVindexToday" class="high">--.-</span><span class="ai-at-time" id="HighUVindexTodayTime">--:--</span></p>
</div>

and here is the screenshot:
Screenshot 2022-08-11 171219.png
Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Thu 11 Aug 2022 7:15 am
NeilThomas wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 8:52 am
griffo42 wrote: Thu 04 Aug 2022 7:13 am

As I don't have solar sensors does the above still apply to the latest version of ai.cmx?

Keith
Hi Keith

The style 'w3-hide' can be used with any html element to hide it on all screen sizes. However, be aware that with gauges you need to hide the entire block. Just hiding the canvas may not work as expected. You should edit the gauges.js file to turn off any gauge you don't need.

There are three other variations - 'w3-hide-small', 'w3-hide-medium' and 'w3-hide-large' that can be used to selectively hide an element on different sized screens. This is for info only as in the above case you just don't have solar sensors.

Neil
This my attempt at hide in index.html: obviously there is and error on my part. Help please.

<!-- <div class="w3-container w3-theme-l5 w3-center w3-border w3-theme-bdr ai-quarters ai-flex-item" style="order:10;"> -->
<div class="w3-container w3-theme-l5 w3-center w3-border w3-theme-bdr ai-quarters ai-flex-item" style="w3-hide">
<h4>Solar</h4>
<p>Radiation&nbsp;<span id="SolarRad" class="reading">---.-</span>&nbsp;W/m<sup>2</sup></p>
<p><span>High&nbsp;</span><span id="HighSolarRadToday" class="high">--.-</span>&nbsp;W/m<sup>2</sup><span class="ai-at-time" id="HighSolarRadTodayTime">--:--</span></p>
<p>UV Index&nbsp;<span id="UVindex" class="reading">--</span></p>
<p><span>High&nbsp;</span><span id="HighUVindexToday" class="high">--.-</span><span class="ai-at-time" id="HighUVindexTodayTime">--:--</span></p>
</div>

and here is the screenshot:

Screenshot 2022-08-11 171219.png

Keith
Hi Kieth

‘W3-hide’ is a class, not a style, so I understand your confusion as in my earlier answer, I used the word style. Just add it to the end of the list of classes in the same line starting w3-container…

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
griffo42

Post by griffo42 »

I must be missing something very basic here. Despite do what you recommended in your last post regarding the placement of "w3-hide" the result is till the same as can be seen in the screenshot in my last post. I have even tried deleting the relevant <div> in the code which makes no difference to the result.

Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Hi Keith,

Line 201 currently reads:

Code: Select all

<div class="w3-container w3-theme-l5 w3-center w3-border w3-theme-bdr ai-quarters ai-flex-item" style="order:10;">
Replace it with:

Code: Select all

<div class="w3-container w3-theme-l5 w3-center w3-border w3-theme-bdr ai-quarters ai-flex-item w3-hide" style="order:10;">
That will hide the Solar for you. If you still see the Solar then make sure you clear your cache.

Regards,
Trevor
griffo42

Post by griffo42 »

@flort

Clearing the cache had the desired result. Thanks

Keith
Keith
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Looks like we need an update again Neil ;) ;)
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

water01 wrote: Sun 21 Aug 2022 4:45 pm Looks like we need an update again Neil ;) ;)
I have it ready, will be publishing it tomorrow.

Neil
Neil Thomas
water01

Post by water01 »

Mark is keeping you busy!! :D :D :clap: :clap:
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all.

Due to popular demand here is the latest version of the AI compatible with the latest version of CumulusMX (v 3.20.0). Enjoy.
ai.cmx.zip
Please remember to use it in addition to the default interface so copy it to a sub-folder of the interface.

Neil
Neil Thomas
water01

Post by water01 »

Installed and working fine, thank you. :clap: :clap:
David
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Sorry to report that whilst on the alternate interface I get an error message when I try to modify Alarm settings to insert an action (testing new MX functionality).

I then tried exactly the same modification on the standard interface and I got a message confirming alarm updated.

I did not take a screenshot of my attempt on AI page, but message was something like "error object of an object".

I have never like computers, but as far as I can see your other AI pages do work for the various tests that I have made, so I can't believe there was any error in my overwriting of files, although that action only happened for later file modification dates by default.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Did you force-reload the page(s) to clear old copies from your browser cache?
Freddie
water01

Post by water01 »

I have tried the alarms page and it is working for me.
David
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

I have mentioned before I use very little MX functionality, having long ago found my own way to do extra tasks that Cumulus 1 could not do. I have a database table that has a row added just those days when it is raining. I had my own way of triggering my script running INSERT SQL for that table. In the list of changes to MX it says the Alarm settings have been changed to add ""is raining" and "action functionality". So I thought I will simplify the triggering of my script. I also saw a post saying that the AI had been revised. That is only reason why I tried to make my change first in the AI.

Subsequently, I made my change using the standard interface, so it does not matter whether my post gets investigated or rejected, I don't have any need to do any further changes to alarm settings. I can confirm that the AI Alarms Settings page now recognises the change I made, so there is no issue with how it reads the current settings from the api. I recalled that in a previous post in this thread Neil made available a rewrite of the weather diary, it successfully read the new records, but at that release it did not post any updates to the diary. I wondered if this was a similar problem, and thought it might be appreciated if I reported my experience.
freddie wrote: Mon 22 Aug 2022 3:45 pm Did you force-reload the page(s) to clear old copies from your browser cache?
No, I did not do a forceful reload, but I never used the Alarm settings page in the AI before, so how could there have been any old scripts in a cache.

Crucially, the Alarms Settings page has had a significant redesign in this release, all the new features were displayed correctly, so that confirms (at least the majority but probably all of) the updated files were picked up.
water01 wrote: Mon 22 Aug 2022 3:46 pm I have tried the alarms page and it is working for me.
Everything frequently works for other people, while technology frequently fails for me, which is why I spend most of my life far away from any technology.

However, David, you don't actually confirm whether your test was trying to make an update to an action setting (which is the new functionality).
Perhaps your test was on something that was in old functionality (and so not needing to be changed for this update).