Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Post by NeilThomas »

Mapantz wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023 5:49 pm Theme was basic grey.

I'm just using my Windows 11 machine with a 2k 32" screen.

I fixed most of the text issues, that's down to the font being set to big in ai-styles.css.

But there is still larger than normal text for some parts, particularly the gauges header. The overall text is way larger than the previous ai version, for me at least.

Regarding the NOAA monthly data not showing; works fine on the old ai, but not on the new one.

There must be something wrong, as at the top of the page it shows this:

https://ibb.co/NF2xZj2
That would imply that there is something wrong with the Javascript file. Maybe it got corrupted. I am tempted to suggest that you try down loading it again, delete the existing AI2 folder and copy it across again.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
Mapantz
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Downloaded it again, deleted all cookies, same problem.

https://ibb.co/BGMgPmB

Still shows long/lat to be 1.000000

I'll have to go back to using the old version. I'm not a fan of the large font size on everything, it's too big on my monitor.

This is a mobile shot:

https://ibb.co/tCqF8ms

Are the tooltips meant to be like that?

Clicking 'Soil Temperatures' in the recent graphs shows the same information as 'Temperature'
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Wondered if I could suggest that instead of Extra Sensors displaying a box with "No Sensors enabled etc." could we just not have the box and just display the Sensors that are enabled?
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

water01 wrote: Fri 07 Apr 2023 3:47 pm Wondered if I could suggest that instead of Extra Sensors displaying a box with "No Sensors enabled etc." could we just not have the box and just display the Sensors that are enabled?
The contents of the panel are generated by Marks interface scripts, I just format them. You can use the ‘order’ style to put the unused ones at the bottom though. I might consider adding some JavaScript at some stage that tests what has been returned and hide the panel if appropriate but that is not high on my agenda.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
water01

Post by water01 »

"Hide Alarms" is not being saved in the cookie as they re-appear every time you click on the dashboard.
David
water01

Post by water01 »

You can use the ‘order’ style to put the unused ones at the bottom though
Sorry to be thick but I don't seem to be able to find the "order style" in extra.html? :oops:
David
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

Further to some feedback, I have re-looked at some of the features of AI2 and made some adjustments. Th efforts are slightly smaller (and the ai-styles.css file has been modified to make it simpler to change font sizes throughout. Just change the variables at the top of the style sheet.

I have also fought through the data logs and made some changes. There are still issues with the grey themes in particular with the dayfile editor. However, I have added some styles to the html document that you can adjust if the test in the navigator doesn't display clearly.

With regards to the 'order' style for pages that show 'cards' in columns view the code below as an example. It's taken from the index.html page starting at line 130. The 'order:' style is on row 135 at the end - there is a comment highlighting it.

Code: Select all

<!--	Second Row	4 column panels	-->
	<div class="page-width w3-row-padding ow-theme-l5" style="min-height: 1vh;">	<!--	Page width section	-->
		<div class="w3-col s12">
			<div class="ow-flex-cr ow-flex-gap" ><!-- Add class 'ow-flex-top' or 'ow-flex-bottom' to have panels variable heights.	-->
				<!--	All data in flex boxes	-->
				<div class="ow-4col w3-border ow-theme-l3-bdr w3-container w3-center" style="padding-bottom: 1vh;order:1;">	<!--	Change the order number to alter the display order	-->
					<h4>Temperatures</h4>
The updated AI2 is available below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

water01 wrote: Fri 07 Apr 2023 4:20 pm
You can use the ‘order’ style to put the unused ones at the bottom though
Sorry to be thick but I don't seem to be able to find the "order style" in extra.html? :oops:
Hi

The first occurrence is on line 78:

Code: Select all

<div class="ow-3col w3-border ow-theme-l3-bdr w3-container" style="order:0;">	<!--	Change the order number to alter the display order	-->
Neil
Neil Thomas
LindaFNM
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Post by LindaFNM »

Neil,

Thank you very much for all your hard work on the interface, it is really appreciated.

I have one small observation on the file editor. My wind speed is in MPH which is correctly presented in the interface except for the log editors when the wind speed is shown as KPH although the figures are correct. I can show screen shots if you need them.

Linda
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

LindaFNM wrote: Sun 16 Apr 2023 10:31 am Neil,

Thank you very much for all your hard work on the interface, it is really appreciated.

I have one small observation on the file editor. My wind speed is in MPH which is correctly presented in the interface except for the log editors when the wind speed is shown as KPH although the figures are correct. I can show screen shots if you need them.

Linda
Hi Linda

Always useful to have screenshots.

Neil
Neil Thomas
Mapantz
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Can confirm. The dayfile and readings editors are showing kmh instead of mph.
LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Neil,

Please see attached, let me know if you need anything else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
water01

Post by water01 »

Looks to me like you have not edited the log file editors styles as per the release notes. I have done and the changes are showing up correctly.
David
LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Thank you for pointing that out, I have re read the release notes and made the amendments. All is now well :oops:

My apologies to Neil.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

New build will be available by the weekend. Only small changes but taking the opportunity to correct some issues.

Neil
Neil Thomas