Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

Just discovered another issue with the current Alternative Interface that applies to those of you who use sound alarms. If you want sounds to work you will need to edit line 208 of the dashboard.js script. See the code below.

Code: Select all

if (alarmSettings[alarmTranslate[key]].SoundEnabled) {
     let sndFile = '/sounds/'+ alarmSettings[alarmTranslate[key]].Sound;
     playList.push(new Audio(sndFile));
}
I have added the leading '/' to the "/sounds/' string so that the sound file can be found.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Build 3 is now available for download.

This build includes an AI-Settings page that allows you to change theme, header and footer status (static or scrolling) and the gap between the body and the header/footer. The build also includes a line on the dashboard to show some of the values returned by David Stations so that you can keep a check on the batteries.
ai.cmx.zip
Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Looks good Neil... and like the units of measure added to the :clap: log views

I note that Heat Index does not have a UoM and Humidex is in °C. Publicly our Canadian weather reports include "humidex" but just as an index number, not as degrees. The "feels like" is referred to as degrees.
The humidex (short for humidity index) is an index number used by Canadian meteorologists to describe how hot the weather feels to the average person, by combining the effect of heat and humidity. The term humidex was first coined in 1965. The humidex is a nominally dimensionless quantity (though generally recognized by the public as equivalent to the degree Celsius) based on the dew point.
Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

PaulMy wrote: Mon 31 Jan 2022 3:58 pm Looks good Neil... and like the units of measure added to the :clap: log views

I note that Heat Index does not have a UoM and Humidex is in °C. Publicly our Canadian weather reports include "humidex" but just as an index number, not as degrees. The "feels like" is referred to as degrees.
The humidex (short for humidity index) is an index number used by Canadian meteorologists to describe how hot the weather feels to the average person, by combining the effect of heat and humidity. The term humidex was first coined in 1965. The humidex is a nominally dimensionless quantity (though generally recognized by the public as equivalent to the degree Celsius) based on the dew point.
Enjoy,
Paul
Thank for the praise. If the units are wrong, I have deliberately placed the styles in the relevant pages rather than in the common style sheet. You should be able to manually edit the styles to use whatever you want, including setting them to nothing.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
griffo42
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

NeilThomas wrote: Sat 01 Jan 2022 10:42 am
Having said that, if you do want to edit the html code all that is required is a style 'w3-hide' to be added to each block that you don't want to see. It may be something that I can add to the AI as a separate configuration option that I am looking at for future releases.

Neil
Has the above advice to use 'w3-hide' changed with the latest release to achieve not showing "solar" related data?

Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Tue 01 Feb 2022 3:38 am
NeilThomas wrote: Sat 01 Jan 2022 10:42 am

Having said that, if you do want to edit the html code all that is required is a style 'w3-hide' to be added to each block that you don't want to see. It may be something that I can add to the AI as a separate configuration option that I am looking at for future releases.

Neil
Has the above advice to use 'w3-hide' changed with the latest release to achieve not showing "solar" related data?

Keith
No, you can always still use the ‘w3-hide’ on any aspect of the site that you don’t want to be visible.
Neil Thomas
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Is it possible to have a cookie or something to remember settings. I am not a Davis user so I click on "Hide Davis Info" but on the next refresh of the page it re-appears, so I have to hide it again. A cookie remembering the setting would be useful.

Also my wind readings are showing kph instead of mph, how do I change these.
David
Mapantz
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Yeah, no settings save for me. I was trying to save something in the third party uploads, but no go.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

water01 wrote: Tue 01 Feb 2022 12:01 pm Is it possible to have a cookie or something to remember settings. I am not a Davis user so I click on "Hide Davis Info" but on the next refresh of the page it re-appears, so I have to hide it again. A cookie remembering the setting would be useful.

Also my wind readings are showing kph instead of mph, how do I change these.
I’ll look into making the David info hide by default or provide a setting to remember it. With regards to the wind speed units, this should be picked up from you settings. There is nothing in the interface that changes your station settings.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
water01

Post by water01 »

Hmmm in that case something is wrong Neil.

Here are my Station settings.
Station Settings.jpg
And here is the editor
monthly logs.jpg
As you can see instead of mph I get kmh and instead of in/hr I get mm/hr and hpa instead of mba.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Hi David,

I found these were manually set within dayfileviewer.html and datalogs.html. You have to edit the following lines for the units you want to see -

/* Units */
/* You need to manually edit the following styles to match your units */
#dayfile tbody .tempUnits:after { content:"°C"; font-size: 8px; padding-left: 2px; vertical-align: top;}
#dayfile tbody .windUnits:after { content:"kmh"; font-size: 9px; padding-left: 2px; }
#dayfile tbody .rainUnits:after { content:"mm"; font-size: 8px; padding-left: 2px; }
#dayfile tbody .percent:after { content:"%"; font-size: 10px; padding-left: 2px; vertical-align: top;}
#dayfile tbody .rainRateUnits:after { content:"mm/hr"; font-size: 8px; padding-left: 2px; }
#dayfile tbody .pressUnits:after { content:"hPa"; font-size: 9px; padding-left: 2px; }
#dayfile tbody .degrees:after { content:"°"; font-size: 10px; padding-left: 2px; vertical-align: top;}
#dayfile tbody .hours:after { content:"hrs"; font-size: 8px; padding-left: 2px; }

They are not picked up from your settings.

Regards,
Trevor
water01

Post by water01 »

Thanks Trevor that did it.
David
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

Hi Neil,

Have just discovered that the new interface is doing API calls every 2.5 seconds to fetch the Davis Status information. That is a lot of calls. Do you think that might be a bit excessive and could be scaled back a little? I don't know if anyone would be studying the data at those intervals and maybe it only needs a 1 minute update.

Regards,
Trevor
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

flort wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 3:46 am Hi Neil,

Have just discovered that the new interface is doing API calls every 2.5 seconds to fetch the Davis Status information. That is a lot of calls. Do you think that might be a bit excessive and could be scaled back a little? I don't know if anyone would be studying the data at those intervals and maybe it only needs a 1 minute update.

Regards,
Trevor
Thanks Trevor. I just hooked it into the web sockets call but I can easily change that to suite. I will also be doing an upgrade shortly so that the Davis information bar can be turned off on the settings page.

Neil
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

flort wrote: Thu 03 Feb 2022 12:07 am Hi David,

I found these were manually set within dayfileviewer.html and datalogs.html. You have to edit the following lines for the units you want to see -

/* Units */
/* You need to manually edit the following styles to match your units */
#dayfile tbody .tempUnits:after { content:"°C"; font-size: 8px; padding-left: 2px; vertical-align: top;}
#dayfile tbody .windUnits:after { content:"kmh"; font-size: 9px; padding-left: 2px; }
#dayfile tbody .rainUnits:after { content:"mm"; font-size: 8px; padding-left: 2px; }
#dayfile tbody .percent:after { content:"%"; font-size: 10px; padding-left: 2px; vertical-align: top;}
#dayfile tbody .rainRateUnits:after { content:"mm/hr"; font-size: 8px; padding-left: 2px; }
#dayfile tbody .pressUnits:after { content:"hPa"; font-size: 9px; padding-left: 2px; }
#dayfile tbody .degrees:after { content:"°"; font-size: 10px; padding-left: 2px; vertical-align: top;}
#dayfile tbody .hours:after { content:"hrs"; font-size: 8px; padding-left: 2px; }

They are not picked up from your settings.

Regards,
Trevor
Ooops everyone. I forgot to mention that in the documentation. Another thing to update.

Neil
Neil Thomas