Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Alternative CumulusMX Interface

Post by NeilThomas »

broadstairs wrote: Sat 28 Oct 2023 4:21 pm Just tried this out and it works fine now I've cleared the cache :roll: Just one thing on the Extra Sensors page you've left the 'e' off Dioxide displays as Dioxid ;)

Stuart
oops - if you can correct it of now, I'd be grateful. I'll make the edit but hold on just in case there are more before I upload a new version. It's on line 164 of the html file.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
broadstairs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003/GW1103/GW2000
Operating System: Windows 7 and Linux

Post by broadstairs »

Neil no worries just add it and upload when you are ready. I'll edit mine.

Stuart
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

Neil I have one other issue with the latest AI, when editing the data logs it shows my units for wind speed as kph and not mph which is what they actually are in CMX also shows hpa but I use mb (I know they are the same) but for consistency both should be right. I cannot find anywhere to tell the AI what my units are. The default interface does not show units when editing the logs and I know my settings in CMX are correct. The AI dashboard has correct units!

Stuart
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Stuart if you read the release notes you have to edit the styles in the editor html sources to reflect your units.
As for previous AI's there are styles for units used within the table. I have not attempted
to link this to your CumulusMX units so you will need to edit the html document for the
units that you use. This should only affect temperature, rainfall, windspeed and pressure
Files are datalogeditor.html, dayfileeditor.html and extradatalogeditor.html
David
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

Apologies for not reading that. I had assumed CMX would provide access to the units which if I'm honest I would expect.

Stuart
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

In order to do that the AI would have to read the units from Cumulus.ini and as far as I am aware the AI is just that an Alternative Interface and has no access to CumulusMX files.

That may of course change if Mark decides to adopt the AI as the new dashboard.
David
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

water01 wrote: Wed 01 Nov 2023 3:01 pm In order to do that the AI would have to read the units from Cumulus.ini and as far as I am aware the AI is just that an Alternative Interface and has no access to CumulusMX files.

That may of course change if Mark decides to adopt the AI as the new dashboard.
The interface must be able to fetch the units via comms with CMX. It has to communicate with CMX anyway and it eludes me why the units would be exempt from that communication. Each website can fetch the units from either realtime.txt or websitedata.json (and yes, I understand the interface is not a regular website).

I am pretty sure the communication channels which are available to the AI are able to supply the units and if not I would like to know why not (I did not check the code of either the regular nor the alternative interface). The units also are available through webtags.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The units are available - the standard interface uses them - however the standard interface does not show the units in those editors. Neil is using CSS to add them, at the moment that CSS is static, but presumably could be created/amended on the fly, it's just another job on Neils list if you can persuade him!
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

OK. Clear.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

Yes, yes, the units are available to the AI. It is just a case that I haven't yet decided how I am going to integrate / use them to supply the correct units on the fly.

Maybe I'll take a look at it in the coming weeks.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
griffo42
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

I notice that, in the most recent version of the ai2 interface, there is no mention of the date and perhaps the day on the Dashboard page or any of the other pages where it may be useful. Would you please consider.
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Fri 10 Nov 2023 10:38 am I notice that, in the most recent version of the ai2 interface, there is no mention of the date and perhaps the day on the Dashboard page or any of the other pages where it may be useful. Would you please consider.
Shouldn’t be too difficult. Any particular pages or should I just try to add it to most.

Neil
Neil Thomas
griffo42
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

NeilThomas wrote: Fri 10 Nov 2023 2:22 pm
griffo42 wrote: Fri 10 Nov 2023 10:38 am I notice that, in the most recent version of the ai2 interface, there is no mention of the date and perhaps the day on the Dashboard page or any of the other pages where it may be useful. Would you please consider.
Shouldn’t be too difficult. Any particular pages or should I just try to add it to most.

Neil
These are my suggestions regarding the above:

Dashboard: Include Day and Date
Weather Data/Current readings: Include Day and Date
Weather Data/Gauges: Include Day and Date and time
Today Vs Yesterday: Include Day and Date
Weather Data/Weather records/All-time Records: Include date in lieu of "yesterday" on top right of page

No problem with me should you decide to do anything else after considering these suggestions.

best wishes
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Sun 12 Nov 2023 4:58 am
NeilThomas wrote: Fri 10 Nov 2023 2:22 pm

Neil
These are my suggestions regarding the above:

Dashboard: Include Day and Date
Weather Data/Current readings: Include Day and Date
Weather Data/Gauges: Include Day and Date and time
Today Vs Yesterday: Include Day and Date
Weather Data/Weather records/All-time Records: Include date in lieu of "yesterday" on top right of page

No problem with me should you decide to do anything else after considering these suggestions.

best wishes
Hi all

Uploaded new version taking on board the above suggestions and fixed the following:
  • Spelling mistake on Extra Sensors page
  • Temperature trend image on current reading page not updating when temp is falling
Download available https://www.cumuluswiki.org/images/d/d7/AI2.zip
Neil
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

There's an update to the latest published AI. I discovered that I hadn't completed the menu for mobiles correctly and the MySQL page create database buttons were incorrect. This update is available on the Wiki at https://www.cumuluswiki.org/images/7/78 ... -b3257.zip

Neil
Neil Thomas