Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Lightning data wiped on upgrade

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

liddelljs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1001
Operating System: RPi 3 Raspbian Buster

Lightning data wiped on upgrade

Post by liddelljs »

Hi all,
I upgraded to b3132 today and noticed that my lightning data was wiped (WH57 lightning sensor on my Ecowitt GW1001 station). I think I have seen this before so don't think it relates to this build. I have modified my websiteT.json file (attached) to pull in the lightning data and display it on my website. After the upgrade, the processed json file is reporting no data (---). The Ecowitt weather page for the station is showing the most recent data still (a couple of days ago) so something is happening (or not happening) picking up the data when the json file processes. Probably something I have done when adding to the template file but any thoughts appreciated. I checked the MXdags file but it shows nothing I could see that might point to the problem.

Cheers
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Lightning data wiped on upgrade

Post by mcrossley »

It is just restarting Cumulus that will lose the lightning info. The GW1000 stops sending the lightning info after a period has elapsed since the last event (I forget how long). When this happens Cumulus will "remember" the last values and continue to display them until new data arrives, but the values are just kept in memory. So when you restart Cumulus it relies on what the GW1000 reports.
liddelljs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1001
Operating System: RPi 3 Raspbian Buster

Re: Lightning data wiped on upgrade

Post by liddelljs »

Many thanks Mark. Good to know.

Cheers
Steve