Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Ecowitt Advice

GW1000 WiFi gateway
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Ecowitt Advice

Post by mcrossley »

Gyvate wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 8:10 am the download from the Ecowtt cloud by CMX only occurs (when activated in CMX with MAC address, APP key, API key) when there is a break in time between the last shutdown and a subsequent restart.
Well not always, not if the selected station type is "Ecowitt (Cloud)", then the live data is downloaded from ecowitt.net

It is still not clear to me which station type the user has configured?

(MX should run directly on the MAC if Mono is installed, no need for a VM - did you try that?)
GWCTas
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH2901c
Operating System: Mac OS X 13.6.3

Post by GWCTas »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 8:55 pm
Gyvate wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 8:10 am the download from the Ecowtt cloud by CMX only occurs (when activated in CMX with MAC address, APP key, API key) when there is a break in time between the last shutdown and a subsequent restart.
Well not always, not if the selected station type is "Ecowitt (Cloud)", then the live data is downloaded from ecowitt.net

(MX should run directly on the MAC if Mono is installed, no need for a VM - did you try that?)
Hi Mike,
Thank you for the reply. I now have it running directly on my MAC. I have the live data being downloaded via Ecowitt (Cloud). It has been a while since I was running CumulusMX as I switched to a Wordpress plugin "Weather Station" for my website https://lmacrc.com/weather/weather-gauges/ but the plugin is no longer actively being supported, and there a a few bugs. Hence my return to CumulusMX. Apologies for my lack of detail, my rusty brain was lagging behind. I will now work on setting up our Club site station (running on a RaspberryPi Zero) to run CumulusMX.
Thanks to all who responded to my request for help. It is very much appreciated.
Cheers,
George
GWCTas

Post by GWCTas »

Is it possible to get historical data from Ecowitt into Cumulus MX? I only see an Excel export link.
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 8:55 pm

oops - the introduction of this Ecowitt Cloud option must have escaped my attention - didn't know it exists meanwhile.
Good to know ...
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

GWCTas wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 11:51 pm Is it possible to get historical data from Ecowitt into Cumulus MX? I only see an Excel export link.
If you have all the previous data from CumulusMX (.ini files etc. i.e. the data directory), copy that to the data directory of the new installation and then set the start date to the date when this data started and MX should pick it all up.
David
Gyvate

Post by Gyvate »

water01 wrote: Fri 15 Dec 2023 7:25 am
GWCTas wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 11:51 pm Is it possible to get historical data from Ecowitt into Cumulus MX? I only see an Excel export link.
If you have all the previous data from CumulusMX (.ini files etc. i.e. the data directory), copy that to the data directory of the new installation and then set the start date to the date when this data started and MX should pick it all up.
but you will get 5-minute data only for the past 90 days ! Longer back in time only 30 minute or slonger intervals are kept.
water01

Post by water01 »

Gyvate wrote: Fri 15 Dec 2023 8:04 am
but you will get 5-minute data only for the past 90 days ! Longer back in time only 30 minute or slonger intervals are kept.
I think you have misunderstood. CumulusMX will pick up unlimited accumulated data from it's OWN data files held in the DATA directory of a previous CumulsMX or Cumulus 1 installation as long as you set the Start Date to the point the data started. This is how people move from Cumulus 1 and previous MX installations to new computers. Also the logging data picked up depends on the Time Interval set by the user in their previous installation and has nothing to do with the time interval that Ecowitt uses.

It has nothing at all to do with data being downloaded from the Ecowitt.Net site.
David
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Gyvate wrote: Fri 15 Dec 2023 8:04 am but you will get 5-minute data only for the past 90 days ! Longer back in time only 30 minute or slonger intervals are kept.
This is true, but if it is the only data available....

The Ecowitt (Cloud) station was introduced primarily to support the 3G stations which do not have any local data access, and typically are sited in remote low power locations as well.

@GWCtas If you want to import old data from Ecowitt.net rather than import old Cumulus data as @water01 described, then there is method to "rewind" in the Wiki.
I'm on my phone at the moment which makes it a bit difficult, could someone find the page and provide a link?
Gyvate

Post by Gyvate »

water01 wrote: Fri 15 Dec 2023 8:34 am
Gyvate wrote: Fri 15 Dec 2023 8:04 am

I think you have misunderstood. CumulusMX will pick up unlimited accumulated data from it's OWN data files held in the DATA directory of a previous CumulsMX or Cumulus 1 installation as long as you set the Start Date to the point the data started. This is how people move from Cumulus 1 and previous MX installations to new computers. Also the logging data picked up depends on the Time Interval set by the user in their previous installation and has nothing to do with the time interval that Ecowitt uses.

It has nothing at all to do with data being downloaded from the Ecowitt.Net site.
I must have misunderstood - using the old data if still available is of course possible.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 15 Dec 2023 9:16 am @GWCtas If you want to import old data from Ecowitt.net rather than import old Cumulus data as @water01 described, then there is method to "rewind" in the Wiki.
I'm on my phone at the moment which makes it a bit difficult, could someone find the page and provide a link?
It's in the FAQ: I’ve just installed Cumulus, and it didn’t download all the old data from my weather station
GWCTas

Post by GWCTas »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 15 Dec 2023 10:54 am
mcrossley wrote: Fri 15 Dec 2023 9:16 am @GWCtas If you want to import old data from Ecowitt.net rather than import old Cumulus data as @water01 described, then there is method to "rewind" in the Wiki.
It's in the FAQ: I’ve just installed Cumulus, and it didn’t download all the old data from my weather station
Hi Mark,
Thank you again for your advice. I did as you suggested and altered the today.ini file back to the start date of my Ecowitt data. Cumulus then downloaded the old data from Ecowitt.net "Processing history data from yyyy-mm-dd"....(I did not have any old Cumulus data).
GWCTas

Post by GWCTas »

Another question please -

Is there a right way to edit historical files? After the upload of data, I have some erroneous records showing in rainfall. (I read that this is not uncommon). See below -
EDIT: I HAVE FOUND THE WIKI DESCRIBING THIS. I'LL WORK THROUGH THIS FIRST.
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 11.35.26 am.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GWCTas

Post by GWCTas »

I have been working through the Wiki https://www.cumuluswiki.org/a/Correctin ... e_extremes

I don't seem to have much luck in getting the changes to alter the records. I'll keep trying.
water01

Post by water01 »

At the top of the screen on the right is a "Read Logfiles" button. Click on that and load the logfiles (may take a while). When it has finished click on the logfile value that it has read and assuming it is correct allow it to replace the erroneous value by clicking on OK in the dialogue that appears. It automatically replaces the value and updates the alltime.ini values.

The Wiki needs updating!!
David
GWCTas

Post by GWCTas »

Hi @water01,
I don't see the link you refer to. This is what I see?
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 11.47.07 pm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.