Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Json files sunhours and solardata

A Forum to archive Cumulus MX development suggestions that have been rejected or solved by other means.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Json files sunhours and solardata

Post by water01 »

If the option not to see the Solar Data and Sunshine hours has been selected shouldn't the associated json files NOT be uploaded at the upload time interval and in FTP Now.

Also I noticed the interface still has the items in the selection menu along the bottom in the Recent and Historic graphs although that is less of a problem than uploading 2 files that are not required.
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Json files sunhours and solardata

Post by mcrossley »

The files are almost empty - two bytes long iirc - so no real overhead. Without them the web pages will crash if a user clicks on the sun graphs.

The default web site pages are pretty dumb - as are the frameworks for the interface pages, static HTML. Could it be done better, yes, do I have the time to make them dynamic, no.

If somebody wants to take it on I'd be more than happy! :lol:
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Json files sunhours and solardata

Post by water01 »

OK Mark point taken.
David