Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Hitchhiking with the Airlink interface of CMX

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Hitchhiking with the Airlink interface of CMX

Post by HansR »

Try the values without the quotes?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
watsonm
Weather Station: N96GY -but like Triggers Broom!!
Operating System: Raspberry Pi4 Vers:11 Bullseye

Post by watsonm »

Hans,

Sorted. It wasnt the quotes, it was the fact that I had not rounded it down!! (as per the Airlink doc ) :bash:

Non 100% because of all the stop starts while fault finding!! :groan:
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor
watsonm

Post by watsonm »

Hans
On the Airlink graph view page is there any way of configuring it.
1) The reference lines are too prominent for me so I would like to alter the density
2) Any way of setting a standard output to limit the number of lines . (I know you can cancel them when displayed but would like to choose what is the standard display.

Item 1) more important than 2)!! ;)
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor. DHT22 For internal Humidity/temp Sensor. PMS5003 Particle Sensor
Wireless connected: 3 (WS2083)Temp TXr's, WH57 Lightning Sensor, FO Solar sensor
HansR

Post by HansR »

Mike,
watsonm wrote: Thu 18 Aug 2022 11:16 am On the Airlink graph view page is there any way of configuring it.
See the AirLink parameter section. So your point 2 is solved I assume ;)
watsonm wrote: Thu 18 Aug 2022 11:16 am 1) The reference lines are too prominent for me so I would like to alter the density
I will make the thickness configurable. I'll send you a beta soon so you can use it.
It will be published in the next release to be available for all
watsonm wrote: Thu 18 Aug 2022 11:16 am 2) Any way of setting a standard output to limit the number of lines . (I know you can cancel them when displayed but would like to choose what is the standard display.
See above. Btw: you already disabled the NowCast line, you can disable all in a similar way.

[Edit:] Please note that the referencelines are on Z-plane 0 so all plotlines run before them. Also note that these are pretty complex charts because it is the same code used for In/Out and 2.5/10 , so I will not make it super flexible.
Hans

watsonm

Post by watsonm »

Hans,
Thanks..
See the AirLink parameter section.
Not quite what I wanted so I'll live with it. Want to keep all of table but want to reduce lines on graph to just one or two, without
having to de select at bottom of graph. I appreciate that it (charts) is a complex matter so no problem.
I will make the thickness configurable. I'll send you a beta soon so you can use it.
Thanks...
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
watsonm

Post by watsonm »

Hans,
Just for your information:
After doing some "Googling " I added the following correction equations to my python script for the PMS5003 Particle sensor to compensate for humidty.

//Correction algorithm thanks to help of Zbyszek Kiliański (Krakow Zdroj)
pm2p5 = pm2p5/(1.0+0.48756*pow((humidity/100.0), 8.60068));

pm10 = pm10/(1.0+0.81559*pow((humidity/100.0), 5.83411));

Probably not really required since the units are low end but made me feel good ! :D
Regards Mike
Raspberry Pi 4 Bullseye
HansR

Post by HansR »

Mike,

I have been experimenting a lot with T/H corrections. Second order equations and more complex like yours. As long as it is done on the sensor level (so before sending the the value to CMX) you can do what you want.

To give it some truth you will have to calibrate such equation against devices used by your national institute concerned with particulate matter measurement. Here in the Netherlands some have done that in a citizen science project.

Understanding and having it ready indeed feels good :D

Edit: and I forgot to say that there ia a Polish sensor which corrects by heating the air before it enters the sensor
Hans