Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

For New Users

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: For New Users

Post by HansR »

Paul C wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 9:37 am Wind Rose data - it appears it doesnt like any of the files prior to 2012. So 2011 Year doesnt work. It wont even show any year before 2011, not available as a drop down menu to view, even though my data files go back to 2007. If there is an easy fix well great, but I am not to concerned as I have 10 years of wind rose data available, a few days ago I had nothing !! I am not sure I have the capabilities to edit my log files.

Can I ask it to to just start from Jan 2012 ?

I would like CumulusMX to "run" utils every day, is this easy to do. Cant say I have heard of thrifty qualifier ?
  1. I suggested to move the erroneous datafiles out of the data directory (don't throw them away, you never know).
  2. Yes, you can edit the dayfile.txt (shutdown CMX and make a backup before) - use notepad++ if in doubt.
  3. I pointed to a topic which tells you what to do.
It is something you must do on your own computer. Can't help you there. Good luck.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

@Paul C
I would like CumulusMX to "run" utils every day, is this easy to do. Cant say I have heard of thrifty qualifier ?
See the attached for CumulusMX settings to run cumulusutils.exe once every day.

Enjoy,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

HansR

Post by HansR »

Thanks @PaulMy, I forgot that question :|

And thrifty @Paul C, you will find in the wiki.
Hans

Gerrit
Weather Station: Vierhouten
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by Gerrit »

It doesn't really work for me yet,

I thought I was about there, and was going to install some things, but it doesn't really run smoothly,
I have as far as I know entered EU for the particulates everywhere, or should there be more behind it, and keep getting an error message.

Settings for AQI Normative Country for calculation in both Cumulus and CumulusUtils should match for useful results.

I also tried creating a folder utils, it uploads almost nothing. UploadDir=/utils

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
HansR

Post by HansR »

Gerrit wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 3:36 pm It doesn't really work for me yet,

I thought I was about there, and was going to install some things, but it doesn't really run smoothly,
I have as far as I know entered EU for the particulates everywhere, or should there be more behind it, and keep getting an error message.

Settings for AQI Normative Country for calculation in both Cumulus and CumulusUtils should match for useful results.

I also tried creating a folder utils, it uploads almost nothing. UploadDir=/utils

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
OK. Don't try to get it all at once.
I'll PM you. Hope you know the mailsystem of the forum?
Hans

Paul C
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with solar
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Paul C »

PaulMy wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 2:05 pm @Paul C
See the attached for CumulusMX settings to run cumulusutils.exe once every day.

Enjoy,
Paul
Sorted - thankyou
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

HansR wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 9:47 am
Paul C wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 9:37 am Wind Rose data - it appears it doesnt like any of the files prior to 2012. So 2011 Year doesnt work. It wont even show any year before 2011, not available as a drop down menu to view, even though my data files go back to 2007. If there is an easy fix well great, but I am not to concerned as I have 10 years of wind rose data available, a few days ago I had nothing !! I am not sure I have the capabilities to edit my log files.

Can I ask it to to just start from Jan 2012 ?

1. I suggested to move the erroneous datafiles out of the data directory (don't throw them away, you never know).
  2. Yes, you can edit the dayfile.txt (shutdown CMX and make a backup before) - use notepad++ if in doubt.
  3. I pointed to a topic which tells you what to do.
It is something you must do on your own computer. Can't help you there. Good luck.
Is it safe to delete/move my old data files upto 2012. Am I correct in assuming that nothing else on MX or Utils uses them. I will back them up and place in a seperate folder just in case.

thanks
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
HansR

Post by HansR »

Yes you can move them.

If you shutdown CMX you can also edit dayfile.txt and remove all lines up to 2012 (make sure to use a good editor like notepad++ or ask somebody to help you)

You have to do what is written here.
Hans

Paul C

Post by Paul C »

Thanks

All files prior to 2012 have been removed and placed elsewhere.

Wind Rose All Year appears to be working well.

It still shows 2011 as an option, but no data. Can this be removed and start from 2012

(Happy to move this to another thread if required)
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
HansR

Post by HansR »

OK, that's good.
Paul C wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 6:13 pm It still shows 2011 as an option, but no data. Can this be removed and start from 2012
This means the dayfile still contains 2011 data. You need to edit the dayfile as I said before.
Paul C wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 6:13 pm (Happy to move this to another thread if required)
We'll finish here until all data are satisfactory. Then when you have other issues you can make a new thread.
Data is a typical starter issue.
Hans

MuntyWeather
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi/Windows 10

Post by MuntyWeather »

Hi Hans
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I understand that I need a hosting package for my web site. I have contacted IONOS who have asked for more information:

'From my understanding, it is CumulusUtils that you use to create your weather website. Before we proceed on anything, it is important to know if the website you will create using CumulusUtils can be imported to our shared webspace environment. As CumulusMX is a third-party platform, we highly advise you, for now, to get in touch with their support to clarify if the website you create using their software can be hosted on IONOS' shared webspace environment or if you need to have your own root server and if the website should be hosted on a Windows or Linux environment. Do let us know if anything'

Help! Can you help with this?

Thanks again, Ted (soon to be 'muntyweather.org', I hope)
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

MuntyWeather wrote: Mon 11 Apr 2022 8:03 am'From my understanding, it is CumulusUtils that you use to create your weather website. Before we proceed on anything, it is important to know if the website you will create using CumulusUtils can be imported to our shared webspace environment. As CumulusMX is a third-party platform, we highly advise you, for now, to get in touch with their support to clarify if the website you create using their software can be hosted on IONOS' shared webspace environment or if you need to have your own root server and if the website should be hosted on a Windows or Linux environment. Do let us know if anything'
Shared webspace is fine - you won't need your own root server.
Hosting can be either Linux or Windows - but Linux is likely to be cheaper owing to Windows licence costs.
I would clarify the volume of data you are allowed to transfer to the webspace, and make sure that the volume of data that CUtils sends is less than this. Hans should be able to advise on data volume generated by CUtils, but I believe it is very low volume.
Freddie
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

HansR wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 6:30 pm OK, that's good.
Paul C wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 6:13 pm It still shows 2011 as an option, but no data. Can this be removed and start from 2012
This means the dayfile still contains 2011 data. You need to edit the dayfile as I said before.
Paul C wrote: Sun 10 Apr 2022 6:13 pm (Happy to move this to another thread if required)
We'll finish here until all data are satisfactory. Then when you have other issues you can make a new thread.
Data is a typical starter issue.
Dayfile backed up - then I removed 2007-2011 and saved. All looks good on the wind rose now, 2011 now not showing and "All Years" displaying well.

Many thanks for your help :D Whole thing is fantastic and just what I had been looking for.

http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk/utils/
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Ted,

Yes, that's OK, you can ask it here although this thread was originally setup for the configuration startup users but anything goes ;) .
Normally for other topics just create a new support thread.

To be honest, as I am not British, I haven't got a clue about IONOS. I have never had questions like these when asking for webspace. From where I stand, CumulusUtils (cooperating with CMX), only needs a server (which can be a shared server) on which you can put your websitefiles. Access to the server normally is through FTP, FTPS or SFTP (the protocol). The cheaper servers are usually Linux based and can be accessed from your windows computer by e.g. WinSCP or Filezilla.

Filetransfer is configured in CumulusMX which is then also used by CumulusUtils.

Having said all the above I would think you only need a cheap shared webserver with not too much space (you don't need Gigabytes, you can always later expand) which you - after some configuration like passwords and/or encryption keys - can access by FTP (and its variations).

I would think that British CMX users (they are legion :) ) could better advise you on IONOS if more info is needed.
Maybe I can point to @freddie and/or @water01? If they don't react here by themselves, you could try and PM them.

If you are totally unexperienced with websites and webservers it might be a good idea to get some light course on the web, maybe somebody has pointers.

Hope this helps.

[EDIT:] Aha... I just found out IONOS fka 1&1. That is a bit more clear, does not change the above.
[EDIT2:] Aha... @freddie jumped in already: thanks!

Regards,
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Paul C wrote: Mon 11 Apr 2022 8:36 am Dayfile backed up - then I removed 2007-2011 and saved. All looks good on the wind rose now, 2011 now not showing and "All Years" displaying well.

Many thanks for your help :D Whole thing is fantastic and just what I had been looking for.

http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk/utils/
That's great to hear :D :clap:
All is well that ends well .

For other support, just create new thread.
Hans