Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX Announcements and Download - PLEASE READ FIRST

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Cumulus MX Announcements and Download - PLEASE READ FIRST

Post by steve »

The download is available on the download page in the wiki (https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Software) but please read the post first

Note: The graphs used in Cumulus MX are drawn using Highcharts and they are free for non-commercial use only, i.e. you may not use them on a company web site, see https://shop.highsoft.com/faq/non-commercial for clarification. For this reason, and others, use of Cumulus MX in a commercial environment is expressly forbidden. Please include a link to the Highcharts web site (as the supplied web page does) if you use the charts under the terms of the non-commercial licence.

There's quite a lot to read before you start - please do read it all, most of it is very important. This post also contains the download. When posting problems, please give as much information as possible. Note that most of the Cumulus 1 documentation also applies to Cumulus MX. If you are trying MX having never used Cumulus 1 before, you will be at a disadvantage regarding documentation of many of the features, some settings may not be obvious. Looking at the FAQ and the wiki will help, as will looking at the Cumulus 1 help file (available on the Cumulus downloads page, or as part of a Cumulus 1 installation).

Please read the FAQ/Known Issues post - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12943, and the first post in this thread about beta testing - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12991

Cumulus MX aims to be as close to 100% compatible with Cumulus 1 as possible. Aside from a very few places where it is not fully compatible, it is different in two main ways. Firstly, it consists of a stand-alone 'engine' which performs the reading and logging of data, uploading to a web site etc. This 'engine' is a command-line/console application which has no user interface. The engine also acts as a web server. Once the engine is running, you can view the user interface by typing the URL of the built-in web server into your browser, either on the same machine, or on a separate machine. The default URL if the browser is on the same machine as MX is http://localhost:8998/ - substitute the machine's IP address for 'localhost' if the browser is on a different machine.

The second way in which it is different is that in addition to running on Windows, it also runs on Linux and Mac OS X. To run on Windows, you need .NET 4.5.2 installed. To run on the additional platforms, it requires the Mono runtime, and you will need to install this, as described below.

Note that I cannot guarantee backwards compatibility of Cumulus data once it has been updated by MX, i.e.you are unlikely to be able to use the data from Cumulus MX with Cumulus 1.9.4 without some manual editing of some of the files.

Installing Cumulus MX:

There is no automatic installer (this may change). If you want to start a completely new installation, create a directory and unzip the contents into it. I've assumed that zip files are not a problem on Linux or OS X, please let me know if that's not the case. If you want to run Cumulus MX with your existing Cumulus data, take a copy of your existing Cumulus directory, and then unzip Cumulus MX into it. Alternatively, you can unzip Cumulus MX into new directory first, and then copy over your existing data files and your Cumulus.ini file, and any other configuration files that you may have created (e.g. strings.ini, twitter.txt etc). If your Cumulus.ini is actually called "cumulus.ini" you should rename it to start with a capital letter.

On Linux and OS X you will need to install the Mono runtime. For OS X, you can download this here - http://www.mono-project.com/download/. How you install on Linux depends on the flavour of Linux you are running. There are download links for Linux at the same URL, but it is often easier to use a package manager, which will download and install it automatically. For example, in 'Raspbian' on the Raspberry Pi, you can install mono with these commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mono-complete

Make sure that you have the mono-complete package installed.

**NOTE** CumulusMX does not currently work correctly with Mono version 6.0. Please use version 4.x or 5.x for now.
We think all the issues related to version 6.x of Mono have been resolved. Any remaining issues are likely to be with locales we haven't come across before, most of the issues were with the eastern Europe locales.

The standard version of Mono on the Raspbian Stretch OS is currently 5.1.8, there is a later version 6.x of Mono available, which you may find works better that the one in the standard distribution, particularly if you use decimal commas. See this page for how to install it - https://www.mono-project.com/download/s ... n-raspbian.

There is now also a later version of Mono available for Raspberry Pi v1 - see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14222

On Linux you will need library libudev.so.0 which may not be installed by default. Installing package libudev0 may resolve this. There may be issues if you are using a 64-bit version of Linux. I'm not sure what the resolution is at the moment, if this is the case.

Running Cumulus MX:

Cumulus MX needs to run as an administrator on Windows and under Superuser (root) on Linux and OS X. Make sure your station is connected to the device on which you have installed Cumulus MX, before you try to run Cumulus MX.

Windows:
Either right click on CumulusMX.exe and click 'Run as administrator', or open an administrator command prompt (right click on Command Prompt and click 'Run as administrator'), change to the Cumulus MX directory, and then type CumulusMX and enter. You will probably need to accept a security prompt the first time you run it, to allow it act as a web server. You can avoid having to run it as an administrator by running the following command once from an administrator command window:

Code: Select all

netsh http add urlacl url=http://*:8998/ user=\users
This command allows all users to bind to port 8998 (used for the Cumulus interface). Note that if you change the interface port as described below, you should change the 8998 to whatever port you are using. Note that while this allows Cumulus MX to run and act as a web server, there may be other operations which require it to run as an administrator.

Linux and OS X:
Open a terminal window, change to the Cumulus MX directory, and then type:

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe

When Cumulus starts, it will display the URL of the user interface. It runs on port 8998 by default; if this is not suitable for some reason you can over-ride it using the '-port' parameter on the command line, e.g. to use port 9999 instead:

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -port 9999

Note that you may need to supply your administrator password after typing the 'sudo ...' command line. The system will prompt you for this.

Type the URL which is displayed (when MX starts running) into your browser (replace the * with the IP address, or use localhost) and the interface should appear. If this is a 'clean' installation, the first thing you will need to do is to go to the settings and set the station type and units, and any other configuration settings you want to make. Having set the station type, you will need stop Cumulus MX and start it again. Note that this also applies to some other settings - you will need to restart Cumulus MX to get the new setting picked up.

As with Cumulus 1, if there are any settings which are not currently available via the user interface, you can change them by stopping Cumulus and editing Cumulus.ini. A description of the settings in this file is in the wiki, and most of what is in there also applies to MX.

If you want to operate the 'standard' web site, then just the same as with Cumulus 1, you will need to upload the contents of the webfiles folder from the zip file (don't upload the containing webfiles folder itself). Note that the MX webfiles are not the same as the ones for Cumulus 1, so make sure you upload the MX files if moving from Cumulus 1 to MX. The standard gauges are now the SteelSeries gauges. Cumulus MX does not automatically upload the realtimegauges.txt file for this, so you will need to configure it as an 'extra file'. The realtimegaugesT.txt file is supplied in the web folder, use this as the local file - you can specify it using the full path, or using a path relative to the Cumulus installation folder, i.e web/realtimegaugesT.txt or web\realtimegaugesT.txt, depending on the operating system in use. For the remote file, specify the path on your ftp server to the place where the html files are being uploaded, and end the path with realtimegauges.txt. Select 'process', 'ftp', and 'realtime'. You will also need to set "Enable Realtime" and "Enable Realtime FTP" in the Web/FTP settings. From build 3042, MX automatically uploads the realtimegauges.txt file. Note that the realtimegaugesT.txt file for MX is slightly different to the one for Cumulus 1, and it is important to use the one supplied with MX for MX.

If you want to update Twitter, and you are using Mono (i.e. Linux or OS X), you will need to download the trusted root certificates (so that Mono knows to trust Twitter when Cumulus makes https calls to it). You do this with the following command:

sudo mozroots --import --ask-remove

Important note about locales: On Linux and (in particular) OS X, Cumulus MX may not be given the correct locale to use, and you may get the default US locale even if that is not your locale. It will output the local it is using when it starts; if it is not correct, close it down and start it again, this time specifying your locale on the command line, using the -lang parameter . For example, in the UK, type:

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -lang en-GB

If you are not sure what value you need to supply for the -lang parameter, there is a list here - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/librar ... 20%29.aspx. You need to supply the code in the first column ("Language Culture Name"). Note that this does not affect the language used by Cumulus MX (although it may in the future), it affects the decimal separator and the list separator.

On the subject of decimal and list separators, there are a couple of issues which users of decimal commas may encounter. The first is that there may be an issue with some of the user interface not working correctly. Please report these issues and I will fix them. There may be aspects of the displays that I cannot change (because the package used does not support decimal commas) but it should be possible to at least get it working.

The second issue with decimal separators only affects the Raspberry Pi (as far as I am aware). There is apparently an issue with the current version (3.2.8) of the Mono package on Raspbian 'hard float' where it cannot parse values using decimal commas. If this does turn out to be an issue, there are a number of possible workarounds until the Raspbian package gets updated. One workaround is to use the 'soft float' version of Debian instead. Obviously, this will have performance issues, but is probably the easiest. The second workaround is to build Mono from the latest sources, see http://www.mono-project.com/docs/compiling-mono/linux/. I am told that this fixes the problem. Another possible workaround would be to find an already fixed binary package, but I don't know if one currently exists.

If you want to use your Cumulus 1 data with MX, and you use decimal commas in your Cumulus 1 data, you will need to edit the .ini files to change the decimal commas into periods/full stops, because Cumulus MX always expects periods/full stops in .ini files regardless of the locale in use. The other data files will be OK - assuming you are using the same decimal and list separators in MX as you used in Cumulus 1 (i.e. the same locale). If you try to switch to a different locale, then your data log files will of course no longer be in the correct format, so you would need to edit all of your files.

A note to Davis owners:
I am experimenting with the use of the LOOP2 packet. The current code uses this for two purposes. First, it uses the 'peak 10-minute gust' value, to avoid the problem where a gust might be missed (although hopefully this will not be such an issue with Cumulus MX as it does not use the Davis DLL), and secondly it uses the 'absolute pressure' value to make calculation of 'altimeter pressure' easier and more accurate. This is mainly used if you upload to CWOP.

The LOOP2 packet is supported on the VP2 with firmware version 1.90 or later, and on the Vue. If you have a Vantage Pro (i.e. the original 'VP1'), or a VP2 with pre-1.90 firmware, or if you are using Virtual VP, none of these support the LOOP2 packet. In these cases, you should edit cumulus.ini and add a line to the [Station] section:

UseDavisLoop2=0

With this setting, Cumulus will revert to calculating the 10-minute gust value itself from the individual wind speed readings, but it will not currently attempt to calculate altimeter pressure correctly, it will simply use the sea-level pressure instead. This is likely to be an issue if you are at high altitude and you upload to CWOP using Cumulus MX.

Also for Davis stations, I have assumed that people using MM in Cumulus have a metric rain gauge (0.2 mm per tip), and those using inches have a 0.01" rain gauge. This can be over-ridden by adding a line to the [Station] section of Cumulus.ini:

VPrainGaugeType=0

or

VPrainGaugeType=1

Where 0 is a 0.2mm gauge and 1 is a 0.01" gauge. Note that changing this after MX has already read some data may cause your rainfall reading for today etc to change considerably, so you will need to correct that.

Web Tags
Almost all of the web tags from Cumulus 1 are supported in Cumulus MX. The differences are:

The individual 'record set' tags such as <#TempRecordSet> etc do not work (because the interface currently has no indicators for new records). The <#newrecord> tag does work, but works differently, it turns itself off automatically after 24 hours.

Some of the 'system status' web tags do not work: <#CpuName>, <#MemoryStatus>, <#DisplayMode>, <#DiskSize> and <#DiskFree>

The 'format' parameter on the date/time web tags is unfortunately different, because many of the characters used are different. Note that this also applies to the NOAA report file formats. The characters which can be used now are listed on the following two pages:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... .110).aspx - 'standard' strings
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... .110).aspx - 'custom' strings

If the string contains only one character, it is regarded as a 'standard' string, otherwise it is a 'custom string'. See the Microsoft documentation for details of how to force the use of a single character as a custom string rather than a standard string (viz. use the '%' character before the format character).

Here is a table (based on the table in the wiki) comparing the old and new format strings. Note that there are now also additional format strings, see the Microsoft documentation. If you are having trouble converting a format string, please post it and I will try to help.
Cumulus 1DescriptionCumulus MX
cShort date + Long timestandard format G or construct from custom formats
d Day of month, 1-31Same
ddDay of month, 01-31Same
dddThe abbreviated name of the day of the week.Same
ddddThe full name of the day of the week.Same
dddddShort datestandard format d or construct from custom formats
ddddddLong datestandard format D or construct from custom formats
mMonth as number from 1 to 12M
mmMonth as number from 01 to 12MM
mmmAbbreviated month nameMMM
mmmmFull month nameMMMM
yyYear as a 2-digit number 00-99Same
yyyyYear as a 4-digit numberSame
hHour without leading zeroh for 12-hour clock (1-12), H for 24-hour clock (0-23)
hhHour with leading zerohh for 12-hour clock (1-12), HH for 24-hour clock (0-23)
nMinute without leading zerom
nnMinute with leading zeromm
sSecond without leading zeroSame
ssSecond with leading zeroSame
zMillisecond without leading zeroNo equivalent as far as I can tell
zzMillisecond with leading zerofff
tShort timeSame
tt\Long timeT
am/pmAM or PMtt
a/pA or P (short form of AM or PM)t
/Configured date separatorSame
:Configured time separatorSame
'xx'Characters in quotes which are not to be treated as formattingSame (Double quotes should also work, or you can 'escape' individual characters with a backslash)
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Cumulus MX Announcements and Download - PLEASE READ FIRST

Post by mcrossley »

A toe in the water! :lol:
This is a test of my build process and understanding of parts of the code as much as anything.

Full credit to Steve for making his source code available.

I will be making the updated source available - probably on Githhub - when I've worked out some details.

I've uploaded build 3044, the changes from 3043 are
  • Updated the HidSharp package to ver 2.0.5
    - Now uses libudev1 for Fine Offset and WMR200 stations, removing previous restriction of using libudev0 on Linux
  • Added new solar calculation method "Bras"
    - Updated the Interface web files to reflect the new settings.
    - New Cumulus.ini entries...

SolarCalc=0    		(0=Ryan-Stolzenbach, 1=Bras, default=0)
    BrasTurbidity=2   	(atmospheric turbidity factor (2=clear, 5=smoggy, default=2)
  • Fixed corrupt/missing MySQL port causing CumulusMX to crash on startup
  • Updated the default forum URL to it's new home
  • Updated included website files to new URL
  • URL encode Twitter messages (I know Twitter is largely broken)
  • Davis VP2 - (Steve Loft) Added sanity checks for invalid wind speed/direction values
  • Davis VP2 - Added automatic disabling of the use of LOOP2 packets on firmware versions < 1.90
  • Change RG11 devices to use a new Cumulus.ini file entry. The previous MX builds would not work on Linux.
    For example:

RG11port=2   (depreciated)
    RG11port2=3
    ...now use

RG11portName=COM2   (for Windows or /dev/ttyUSB2 for Linux)
    RG11portName2=COM3   (for Windows or /dev/ttyUSB3 for Linux)
  • The default Comm port values are now set to either COM1 or /dev/ttyUSB0 depending on the platform. Hopefully this will prevent some of the confusion of new users.
The download link is on the first post of this thread. Build 3043 will remain available for now in case there are major issues with this release.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I have a new build available - b3045. This release was intended to be mainly a re-basing of the source code onto supported versions of .Net and third party packages.

Much has changed as a result of this, most DLLs in the root folder are updated (and some removed), the management interface files have also been updated. I recommend that you copy over all the files from the distribution zip.

Note that the Web Sockets connections for the management interface no longer use a separate port, all connections are now made over the HTTP port.

After installing this release, if the management web pages do not function correctly, please flush your browsers cache before reporting any issues.

The main changes are...

Internal Stuff
  • Update the targeted .Net version to 4.5.2 (4.5 and 4.5.1 are no longer supported by Microsoft)
  • Upgrade System.Net.FtpClient to replacement FluentFTP package
  • Update Microsoft.Net.Http package to latest stable version
  • Update fastJSON package to latest stable version
  • Update embedIO package to latest stable version
  • Remove Alchemy WS package from build
Visible Changes
  • Davis TCP connections.
    • Added additional error handling, should now be much more robust and attempt to reconnect on failure.
  • Astro calcs for Solar
    • Added refraction correction.
    • updated to add some extra terms.
  • Removed URL encode Twitter messages added in b3044
  • Added second order humidity correction factor, works the same as the temperature. It has to be set manually in Cumulus.ini.
    • Cumulus.ini

[Offsets]
      HumMult2=0.0
  • FTP Updates
    • Now supports FTP over TLS1.1 and 1.2 (FTPS)
    • In Passive FTP, you can disable Enhanced Passive (EPSV) mode if it causes problems with your host. Some hosts are reporting they support it, but a firewall along the route cannot handle the connections.
      - Requires manually adding a new Cumulus.ini entry...

[FTP site]
      DisableEPSV=1
    • RealtimeGaugesTxt is no longer automatically enabled for FTP.
  • Web Sockets are no longer on a separate port, it shares the same port as HTTP.
    • The wsport command line switch is still recognised for backwards compatibility, but it is no longer used.
  • Fix Fine Offset with solar logger reading, now limited to the reduced number of logger entries available on solar stations.
  • Fix for Slovenian locale (and any other with a two character date separator)
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Build 3046 is available for download.

The changes are:
  • Weather Diary
    • Added Weather Diary page to management interface
    • Added diary.db file to daily backup files
    • Removed diary.db from distribution (it is created on first use to avoid overwriting the file on CMX distro updates)
  • Web Tags
    • Added <#snowdepth> tag processing
  • ET annual rollover fix
  • Fix to TLS 1.2 FTPS of the 'periodic' files
The changed files are:
CumulusMX.exe
CumulusMX.pdb
/interface folder - lots of changes
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Build 3047 is available for download.

The changes are...
  • Web token parser updated to cope with html tag characters "<>" in the format string.
    • You can now do things like...

<#TapptempH format="dd'&nbsp;'MMM'&nbsp;'yyyy'<span class=\'xx\'> at 'HH:mm'</span>'">
      which gives...
      	04&nbsp;Dec&nbsp;2018<span class='xx'> at 10:12</span>
      Note: that you have to use single quotes for HTML entity names, and they have to be escaped \'
  • New Davis Baud Rate setting
    • Allows you to alter the speed of the serial connection to Davis loggers
    • Configured manually in Cumulus.ini [Station] section

DavisBaudRate=19200 (default) Permitted values are 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 14400, 19200
  • Added new option for the "Extra files" - End of Day
    • Enabling this means that file will only be processed/copied/FTPed once a day during the end of day roll-over.
    • There is a new Cumulus.ini file setting for each "extra" file associated with this setting

ExtraEOD[nn]
    • Note there is currently no check between Realtime and End of Day settings, you could check both options and the file will be processed at both the realtime interval AND end of day - which would not make much sense!
    • Note also that you can configure the EOD flag via the Extra Files configuration page - there is no need to edit Cumulus.ini manually
  • Improvement to Instromet logger protocol handling
  • Change the Fine Offset Synchronised Reads option to default to enabled
  • Change VP2 automatic disabling of LOOP2 to an advisory message, as the firmware version is not always detected.
  • Consistency: All record Value tags should now return '---' and Date tags '----' until they are first set.
  • The following web tags now support the "dp=N" "rc=y" parameters for the number of decimal places, and replace decimal commas with points.

#MoonPercent
    #MoonPercentAbs
    #MoonAge
  • Fix for Fine Offset & WMR100/200 stations on Mac operating systems (introduced in b3044)
  • Fix for invalid (extremely high) pressure readings from Fine Offset stations (thanks to 79669weather)
  • Fix to not updating the Instromet loggers memory pointer correctly
  • Fixed Weather Diary Time Zone issues
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements to the FTP component
  • Updated files

\CumulusMX.exe
    \CumulusMX.exe.config
    \CumulusMX.pub
    \FluentFTP.dll
    \HidSharp.dll
    \interface\js\diaryeditor.js
    \interface\json\StationOptions.json
  • Removed files

\fastJSON.dll
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Build 3048 is now available for download.
  • You can now first time enable/disable Realtime FTP without having to restart CMX
  • Instromet stations now record and report rainfall (mm) and sunshine hours to 2 decimal places
  • Improved realtime FTP error handling
  • Improved Davis protocol handling
  • Fix Davis protocol mixing up LOOP1 and LOOP2 packets and consequently providing invalid rain and wind data.
  • Fix web tag <#YearLowDailyTempRangeD> broken in b3047
  • Bug fixes to FTP Component, and internal changes to FTP transfer mechanism
  • Updated files

\CumulusMX.exe
    \CumulusMX.pdb
    \FluentFTP.dll
    \interface\js\gaugefeed.js (updated 16 April 2019)
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Build 3049 is now available for download.

This build enables to ability to upload data to Windy.com. It is configured via the Internet Settings, similar to WU uploads etc. It will upload live data, and has the option of sending catch-up data from the logger on start-up.

Instructions for creating a Windy Account, and a station to upload to can be found at the start of this thread on Windy.

Remember - if you previously used the Custom HTTP feature to upload to Windy.com, disable that before enabling the built-in process.
  • Adds the ability to upload data to Windy.com
  • Updated files

\CumulusMX.exe
    \CumulusMX.pdb
    \interface\json\InternetOptions.json
    \interface\json\InternetSchema.json
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry folks, the initial upload of B3049 contained a version labelled "beta2". I have just corrected the zip, so if you downloaded it before this message date/time please download it again.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Build 3050 is now available for download.

The only change in this build is adding support for locales that use multi-character date separators.
  • Fixes MX not working with locales that use two character date separators
    Eg. Croatia "29. 04. 19"
  • Updated files

\CumulusMX.exe
    \CumulusMX.pdb
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Version 3.0.1 - build 3051 is now available for download.

Primarily this adds some love for serial port and USB attached Davis VP2 stations.
  • Increases Davis DMPAFT Date/Time command timeout
  • Much improved Davis serial port throughput (for USB and Serial loggers), should decrease the historic logger download time
  • Adds Davis archive data processing progress indication
  • Fixes firmware check for LOOP2 support
  • Fixes a race condition on start-up of Davis VP2 stations without a logger. This could cause a crash in AstroLib.SolarMax()
  • Fixes reading the Davis console clock after setting the time
  • Updated files...

\CumulusMX.exe
	\CumulusMX.pdb
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Version 3.0.2 - build 3052 is now available for download.

Implements a fix Davis VP2 stations downloading archive data when running on slow processors, and a day rollover is processed.
If the day rollover processing takes longer than 10 seconds then the console stops sending any more data.
  • Fixes Davis archive downloads from the the logger when the day rollover processing takes longer than 10 seconds.
    This can happen on slow processors - Pi Zero for example - or if lengthy procedures are included
    An extra archive processing run is scheduled for each day rollover that takes longer than 10 seconds
  • Updated files

\CumulusMX.exe
    \CumulusMX.exe.config
    \CumulusMX.pdb

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Version 3.1.0 - build 3053 is now available for download.

The major change for this release is adding support for Davis WeatherLink Live devices. It also adds a couple of the missing features from Cumulus1.
A big thanks to Prodata Weather Systems for loaning the kit to make this possible.

Notes for WLL users:
  • This release uses zero-config to discover the WLL on your LAN, once discovered it writes the IP address to the Davis IP address field in the station config. It will rediscover the WLL periodically to check if the has changed.
    - This means you should be able to use your WLL with DHCP and an non-reserved address.
    - If the zero-config process fails, you can enter the WLL static IP into the station config manually.
The WLL has its own new configuration section in the station config screen. In that section there are three sub-sections:
  • Primary Sensors
    - Use this to define which transmitter ID to which each of the primary sensors (T/H, rain, Wind, Solar and UV - last two are optional) are attached.
    - This allows you to have configurations which are not supported by the VP2 console. I run such a configuration, with Wind, Solar, UV on transmitter id #1 (mounted on my roof), and T/H, rain on transmitter id #2 (mounted in the garden)
  • Soil/Leaf
    - Similar to the primary sensors you define which transmitter Id each sensor is attached - normally they will all be on one - plus the index into that transmitter, again normally they will on channels 1, 2, 3 etc.
    - However the configuration screen does give the option of mixing and matching if you wish.
    - Cumulus only supports the equivalent of 1 fully configured Soil/Leaf transmitter
  • Extra Temperature/Humidity
    - Again the same principle, specify which transmitter Id each addition temperature sensor is on, plus tick the box for humidity if it a combined T/H sensor.

The full change list is:
  • Adds support for Davis WeatherLink Live device
    - Supports Zero-Config, it should discover your WLL on the network (router support required)
  • Adds support for Cumulus.ini file setting EWpressureoffset for Fine Offset stations as used in Cumulus1.
    - This provides a manual override for the calculated absolute to relative pressure offset
  • Adds reading of the interval Hi/Lo temperature readings when processing Davis logger archive records during catch-up
  • Adds display and generation of NOAA Monthly and Yearly reports from the Admin console
  • Reduces the Instromet live data read intervals to 1 second
  • Applies "fix" for Mono 5.x generating short month names ending with "." as used for log file names
NOTE: The last "fix" for Mono 5 may introduce a problem if your monthly log filenames have always included a "." - for example "Oct.19log.txt".
These files will now be named "Oct19log.txt" from this release onwards, and you will have to rename any existing monthly log files that contain a "." to the new format.

The changed files are:

- Updated files
	\CumulusMX.exe
	\CumulusMX.exe.config
	\interface\<allfiles>.html
	\interface\json\StationSchema.json

- New files
	\Tmds.MDns.dll
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Version 3.1.1 - b3054 is now available for download

This release is mainly part of my attempts to add some of the Cumulus 1 features that are missing from CMX.

The changes for this release are:
  • Fixes Davis WLL timestamps always being in UTC, now uses local time
  • Adds new web tags <#snowlying>, <#snowfalling>, both provide 1|0 responses
  • Adds a Current Conditions editor to admin interface
  • Adds an All Time Records editor to admin interface
Note for All Time Records editor
  • Processing the monthly log files can take a while if you have a lot of historic data and short logging intervals, be patient and wait for it to finish loading
  • The page compares the current records against the values found in the DayFile and the Monthly logs. Use the DayFile values if you can, the values from the monthly logs files will generally be less accurate as they are just snapshots of the values and the code has to infer some values from them.
  • I recommend that you cut'n'paste the values and timestamps into the editor fields - the timestamp formats are fixed, keep to the same format.
  • The editor is quite likely to throw up some wild values from your DayFile and Monthly log files, these will almost certainly be down to bad data, please investigate and fix the logs before posting lots of "it doesn't work" reports ;)
The changed files are:

- Updated files
	\CumulusMX.exe
	\interface\<allexistingfiles>.html

-New files
	\interface\currentcondeditor.html
	\interface\alltimerecseditor.html
	\interface\js\alltimerecseditor.js
	\interface\lib\x-editable\ <all files>
	\interface\img\loading.gif
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Version 3.1.2 - b3055 is now available for download

The changes for this release are just some fixes to the all time records editor...
  • Fix for the All Time Records editor monthly rain total from the monthly log file month
  • Fix for some long timeouts in All Time Records editor
Changed file is just CumulusMX.exe
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Version 3.2.0 - b3056 is now available for download.

The primary change for this release is to add support fir the Ecowitt GW1000 WiFi Gateway device, though there are a number of other updates and fixes...
  • Adds support for Ecowitt GW1000 WiFi gateway
  • New web tag <#GW1000FirmwareVersion>
  • Added extra soil temp sensors 5-16 for GW1000 stations
    • New web tags <#SoilTemp5-16>
    • Value are logged to extra log file
    • Added custom captions available in Cumulus.ini [SoilTempCaptions] : Sensor5-16
  • Added extra soil moisture sensors 5-16 for GW1000 stations
    • New web tags <#SoilMoisture5-16>
    • Values are logged to extra log file
    • Added custom captions available in Cumulus.ini [SoilMoistureCaptions] : Sensors5-16
    • Units now change between cb for Davis and % for GW1000 sensors
  • Added extra air quality sensors 1-4 for GW1000 stations
    • New weg tags <#AirQuality1-4> and <#AirQualityAvg1-4>
    • Values are logged to extra log file
    • Added custom captions available in Cumulus.ini [AirQualityCaptions] : Sensor1-4 and SensorAvg1-4
  • Added new web tags for <#LeakSensor1-4> to support GW1000 leak sensors
    • No display or logging of these values is done
  • Added new web tags for Lightning sensors on GW1000 stations
    • <#LightningDistance> Distance to last strike (same units as wind run - miles/km/nm)
    • <#LightningTime> Time of last strike (format customisable)
    • <#LightningStrikesToday> Number of strikes since midnight
    • Currently there is no logging or display of these values
  • Enables alarms as per Cumulus 1
    • New Alarm page under Settings
    • Alarms are shown visually on the dashboard
    • Due to browser restrictions, alarm sounds on the browser page may require you to click a button on the first alarm in order to hear it.
      • You can add the MX admin site to your browsers list of sites alloed to play sound automatically
      • Your browser should "learn" that you want to allow sounds to play automatically
    • Alarm sound files should be placed in the /interface/sounds folder, they must be a browser compatible format (mp3 are good)
    • The alarm settings for the sound file should be just the filename without any path
  • Add pressure multiplier calibration
    • New ini file setting [Offsets] PressMult = 1.0 (default)
  • Fix for the All Time Records editor hourly rain total from the monthly log file month
  • Fixes missing Cumulus multipliers for Wind and Rain values on Davis WLL stations
  • Changes All Time Records editor to only load data from the Day File by default. Monthly log processing is now optional as it can take a very long time on a slow machine e.g. Raspberry Pi
  • Fix to catch badly formed Davis WLL broadcast messages
  • Fix for Davis WLL edge cases producing an initial zero value wind chill on startup

The interface changes may require you to force page updates, or clear your browser cache for the CMS admin site.

The changed files are:

- Updated files
	\CumulusMX.exe
	\interface\json\StationSchema.json
	\interface\<AllFiles>.html
	\interface\js\extrasensors.js
	\interface\js\alltimerecseditor.js
	\interface\js\dashboard.js
	\interface\css\main.css
	\interface\json\CalibrationSchema.json